Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2008 DTS LUX III - Gold Mist traded for 2004 Tbird
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like the Side Blind Zone Alert system quit working.

Off to see the Wizard in the Morning.

Anybody have this? Any problems?

·
Registered
2017 MB C300 Cabriolet, 2019 Volvo V90CC
889 Posts
After a year, all the gizmos on my Performance are still working to spec. Only problem to date was a hole in a power steering line, causing a rapid loss of fluid (fortunately happened within 100 ft. of the driveway heading home).

·
Registered
'18 Escalade Platinum
925 Posts
No problems here.

I agree with Roger that this is one of the best options available. Now if you'd asked about the Lane Departure, I'd say good riddance. LDW-the answer to a question nobody asked.

Now if we could do something about all the road noise, I'd be completely satisfied. As it stands now, I'm only somewhat satisfied.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Parts on Order. Keep the very nice Loaner Black Cherry DTS until Monday or.........
Car is a 5 passenger model. Like the gear shift down where God intended it.
Don't like console. Who's console is it? Mine or the guys in the back seat? No place to rest my right arm.......

·
Registered
2017 MB C300 Cabriolet, 2019 Volvo V90CC
889 Posts
"Don't like console. Who's console is it? Mine or the guys in the back seat? No place to rest my right arm......."

Your problem, sir, is your elbows aren't pointy enough. I can manage to rest the very tip of mine on the console. I'd hate to be in the mid 5-foot range of height though. I'd miss the console completely....

I have a similar problem with the door arm rests: The controls are too far aft. If I lay my arm down, I'm forever locking/unlocking the door locks. For a shorter person they'd have to place their arms in an awkward, rearward position in order to get to the controls. Wonder who does the ergonomics on these cars.....

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
Hey y'all,

I know what you mean about the console and arm rest.
They are pretty useless to ME.

I am only 5' 7" :) :) :)

Texas Jim

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Uh yeah. 5'7" here too. But I sure do like the looks of this Black Cherry. But..........1- It will be hot in the summer and 2- it will be almost as bad as Black when it comes to keeping it clean.
Of course the AC can eventually cool a car down.....
And clean black looks REALLY good. Problem is.....dirty black looks REALLY bad.....

Guess I'll just keep mine. ;)

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
That Black Cherry sure is a pretty color.
I had a black 2002. It was a real bear to keep really clean.

Jim

·
Registered
'18 Escalade Platinum
925 Posts
5'9" here and my elbow barely touches the console, and forget about trying to get something out while driving.

My black ice is easier to keep clean than expected, easier than my blue chip. But my white diamond and crimson pearl were easiest. Especially the white diamond. I was amazed at how long I would go between washing during the winter months and it would continue to appear reasonably clean, especially on cloudy days.

Now if we could just get the a/c seats to work with the remote start all would be perfect.

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
5'9" here and my elbow barely touches the console, and forget about trying to get something out while driving.

My black ice is easier to keep clean than expected, easier than my blue chip. But my white diamond and crimson pearl were easiest. Especially the white diamond. I was amazed at how long I would go between washing during the winter months and it would continue to appear reasonably clean, especially on cloudy days.

Now if we could just get the a/c seats to work with the remote start all would be perfect.

About the AC seats...my first 2006 Performance Sedan DID turn on the seats in the summer time on remote start.

After getting this one...I took it to the dealer to have them use the TECH2 to program this one so that it would turn on the AC seats. They said it was impossible to do that and that NONE of them did it. It wasn't built to do that.

When I told them that my other one did it and that is why I was at the dealer in the first place...they politely told me I must be mistaken, that none of them did that. :confused:

I put over 40,000 miles on that car before it burned in my garage fire...and I "KNOW" that it did turn on the AC seats when remote started. That is one of the features that I totally loved about it. :)

Down here in Texas where it is over 100 in the shade in the summer time (and there ain't no shade)...The automatic AC seat was SO NICE...not burning your butt every time you got in the car, when it had been in the sun.

But according to "TWO" dealers...I am crazy...because NONE of them EVER did that...even tho I had one that did. :confused:

Oh well...I know that THIS one don't.

Jim

·
Registered
2011 Cadillac DTS
138 Posts
No problems here.

Now if we could do something about all the road noise, I'd be completely satisfied. As it stands now, I'm only somewhat satisfied.
Changing tires will make a BIG difference in road noise. Check some of the on-line reviews to find a quiet tire next time you buy. I think "Tire Rack" has tire reviews for example.

Going from original equipment Continental tires to Goodyear Comfortread tires made a huge difference for me.

·
Registered
'18 Escalade Platinum
925 Posts
Changing tires will make a BIG difference in road noise. Check some of the on-line reviews to find a quiet tire next time you buy. I think "Tire Rack" has tire reviews for example.

Going from original equipment Continental tires to Goodyear Comfortread tires made a huge difference for me.

Have 18" tires on my car, and Cadillac/GM used an extremely wide wheel so tire choices are extremely limited. The Michelins I chose receive good reviews for quiet ride, not so for other aspects, but I've yet to experience a quiet ride with them. At least they're 1000% better than the original Bridgestones, but for quiet ride, that's not saying much.

·
Registered
91 Allante (gone), 06 SRX (gone)
4,396 Posts
Don't like console. Who's console is it? Mine or the guys in the back seat? No place to rest my right arm.......
I'm in the process of buying an 02 Dodge Dakota chore truck from a friend of mine. I drove it home today and noticed that with the center armrest down, I can drive down the freeway with both hands on the wheel and both elbows on armrests. :thumbsup:

F

·
0 Posts
About the AC seats...my first 2006 Performance Sedan DID turn on the seats in the summer time on remote start.

After getting this one...I took it to the dealer to have them use the TECH2 to program this one so that it would turn on the AC seats. They said it was impossible to do that and that NONE of them did it. It wasn't built to do that.

When I told them that my other one did it and that is why I was at the dealer in the first place...they politely told me I must be mistaken, that none of them did that. :confused:

I put over 40,000 miles on that car before it burned in my garage fire...and I "KNOW" that it did turn on the AC seats when remote started. That is one of the features that I totally loved about it. :)

Down here in Texas where it is over 100 in the shade in the summer time (and there ain't no shade)...The automatic AC seat was SO NICE...not burning your butt every time you got in the car, when it had been in the sun.

But according to "TWO" dealers...I am crazy...because NONE of them EVER did that...even tho I had one that did. :confused:

Oh well...I know that THIS one don't.

Jim
Hi Jim,

The next time I come through Texas I will look you up and we can go to your dealer and show them that with my 2006 the A/C seats DO come on if it is hot enough. In the winter the heated seats also come on.

LOL

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Picked up the car.
All OK.
Bad sensor.

Like my car better than the loaner. Good to get back in to my car and rest my right arm of the console! ;

As usual, service with a smile and a plea for an outstanding survey.
The little girl was very nice and is legitimately worried about her job.
So far Val ward has laid off 3 valets and 1 service writer that I know of.

Service work is down. People putting off oil changes and out of warranty work.

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
Hi Jim,

The next time I come through Texas I will look you up and we can go to your dealer and show them that with my 2006 the A/C seats DO come on if it is hot enough. In the winter the heated seats also come on.

LOL

I wish you would do just that.
Let me know a day or two ahead of time and I will send you my contact info.

One od the dealers is only about 10 minutes from me.

I would love to hear their explanation, when they ACTUALLY SEE ONE, do what I have been telling them it can do, and they say it is impossible. :stirpot: :stirpot:

Texas Jim

F

·
0 Posts
I wish you would do just that.
Let me know a day or two ahead of time and I will send you my contact info.

One od the dealers is only about 10 minutes from me.

I would love to hear their explanation, when they ACTUALLY SEE ONE, do what I have been telling them it can do, and they say it is impossible. :stirpot: :stirpot:

Texas Jim
Hey Jim, We had a mini heat wave (96) up here in NJ so I went out to check the A/C seats coming on via remote start, just to verify what I told you previously. They did NOT come on even though the car had been setting in the sun for several hours (windows closed). I would have bet the preverbal dollar to a donut that they did come on. The only thing I can figure out is that I had the car in for service a couple of months ago and they reprogrammed the ECM and this may have affected the seats, I just don’t know.

The reprogram was necessary to correct a problem with the passenger side windows on occasion not opening. They seem OK now, at least up to now. There was a bulletin out on this condition. I have a complete write up elsewhere on this site and also on the other caddy site I use. If you are interested it is message #376 on the Edmunds site at http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef16f3b/829 I’ve followed you post there also.

LOL

·
Registered
2011 DTS Platinum
4,633 Posts
Hey Jim, We had a mini heat wave (96) up here in NJ so I went out to check the A/C seats coming on via remote start, just to verify what I told you previously. They did NOT come on even though the car had been setting in the sun for several hours (windows closed). I would have bet the preverbal dollar to a donut that they did come on. The only thing I can figure out is that I had the car in for service a couple of months ago and they reprogrammed the ECM and this may have affected the seats, I just don’t know.

The reprogram was necessary to correct a problem with the passenger side windows on occasion not opening. They seem OK now, at least up to now. There was a bulletin out on this condition. I have a complete write up elsewhere on this site and also on the other caddy site I use. If you are interested it is message #376 on the Edmunds site at http://townhall-talk.edmunds.com/direct/view/.ef16f3b/829 I’ve followed you post there also.

LOL

I Understand.

My first 06 was a VERY EARLY production model. Sept of 05.
My second 06 was built in Feb of 06. I bought it new in Dec of 06. (LONG STORY)

Also, not long after I bought it, I had it in for some minor problems, and the service manager spent about 2 hours downloading and installing updates to it.

So...even if it DID have the auto cool seats when I bought it...all the updates killed it. And to be honest, I don't know if it had it or not at that time. I do know it doesn't have it NOW. :stirpot:

I will just live with it, but that feature sure was a nice one.
I DO NOT understand why they took it away.

Texas Jim

1 - 20 of 22 Posts