Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac Seville STS 1999
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all this is my first post. I love this site and it has already helped me out a lot. I have a 99 STS with 171,500 miles on it. It runs great but occasionally the whole car will shut down. It will restart once I put it into park and put the key to off and then turn it back again. I checked the trouble codes last month with a scanner, before I found out how to access them on the dash. These were from the scanner.
P0300
P0404
741- torque converter Performance
1376 ignition ground circuit fault
These are the ones that I found today:
C 1243 History
U 1255 History
U 1064 history
B 1805 history
B 1652 history
P 0113 current
P 1111 current
P 1599 history
P 0603 history
B 1327 history
I was able to clear most all of the codes, and then I drove the car and the only ones that came back were 0113 & 1111.
The car is sometimes hard to start and may take two tries. Ignition switch problem? Battery?
thanks for any help

·
Registered
2008 SRX
403 Posts
Your air temp sensor in the air filter snorkel is probably unplugged, but it's not the root of your problem. A bad ignition switch is a likely cause. See if you can duplicate this by fooling around with the key while it's running. Ignition switches are very common. I'm not sure I've ever seen one cause a stall though.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,064 Posts
????? Isn't the IT part of the MAF plug in a '99 STS ? The thermistor is on the inside of the MAF housing and is connected through 2 pins on the 5-pin connector........if that's unplugged, the car will NOT run. Some of the '99 - '03 series did have ignition switch problems/warranty work.

·
Registered
Cadillac Seville STS 1999
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not so careful as I thought. I forgot to put the plug for the inlet air temp sensor in after cleaning the air filter. All trouble codes are now clear. It has been raining a lot, and my check engine light came on after I cleaned under the hood. That is gone too. Now that I know the quick way to check codes, I am going to keep up to see what happens. I could not duplicate a stall by fooling with the ignition while running. I read another post where someone with a 00 Deville had a mysterious shutdown, that from the description sounded exactly the way mine happens. Will have to look for that thread again. Thanks for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts