Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
'11 CTS V Coupe
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed while cleaning the car that the driver rear rotor has 3 quite visible cracks (roughly 1/2" long each)propagating between the flat surface of the rotor hat to the inner most pad surface. I haven't tracked the car and certainly don't drive it that hard. Is there a remote chance of getting this replaced under warranty? I know that typically brake related issues are considered 'wear items' and not covered but this seems more of a manufacturing defect. Any thoughts or experience on this out there?

·
Registered
05 Stealth Gray V
1,567 Posts
it depends on what type of relationship you have with your service advisor. And it you have never changed the pads....maybe. that is very strange. Did you do a search?

·
Registered
'11 CTS V Coupe
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still stock pads / rotors @ 32K miles. I searched but didn't turn up much regarding stock rotors cracking. I have not had to see my service advisor about anything so far other than peeled nav buttons so i don't know how willing he may be to help. I guess i'll find out.

·
Registered
Cadillac 2004 CTS-V
173 Posts
Perfect excuse to buy the GM cross-drilled's from Lindsay--make sure you paint the rotor hats first though:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts