Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SRX
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a number of threads regarding the triple honk "feature" but I think I may have a new scenario.

Every day I pull into my parking space, set the parking brake, shift the car to park, release the brake pedal, press the ignition button to turn off the car, and I get a triple honk. It honks the second I shut the car off, I don't even get out of the car.

I already went thru the Cue settings and disabled the triple honk option. Does anyone else get a triple honk when parking?

·
Registered
2010 SRX
188 Posts
I occasionally get the triple when I get out, but this is rare and I assume the car 'thinks' I left the keys in the car.

Just for shits & giggles, try putting the car in park before you set the brake.

Worth a try....

·
Registered
2019 AWD XT4 Sport in Horizon Red
838 Posts
Never had this issue. Tho I'm thinking try keeping your foot on the brake when you power down. I'm wondering if maybe the ignition is thinking you're hitting it twice (off then on again). I think it doesn't like that if your foot isn't on the brake.

·
Registered
2004 , 2010, 2014 Luxury Raven Blk w/Ebony
652 Posts
I only get this alert when I exit the car, close the door, with the car running and the Fob in the car. Or shut the car, exit the car and close the door with the Fob in the car.

·
Registered
SRX
6 Posts
Mine did that when my wife and I went out to dinner one night. When it happened, I asked her if she knew where her keys were and she said she couldn't find them. I told her they were in the SRX somewhere. Sure enough, found them down below the passenger seat, next to the center console. The 3 quick honks were telling me that there was still a key fob in the car.

·
Registered
2015 SRX
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Keep your foot on the brake when you press the button to turn off the car.
Tried keeping my foot on the brake before turning off today. Still got three horn honks. And these are from the horn, not the chime. Oh well. I'll post if I ever figure it out.

·
Registered
srx
4 Posts
I could be wrong, but the triple honk could mean your SRX was tampered with. Meaning, after the car was originally turned off and locked (by you), a door handle was pulled, or you may have again locked it with your FOB (doing it twice). My belief is, once the engine is turned off and the doors are all locked, any other operation of the FOB (other than unlocking the doors or starting the Engine automatically), or if someone was tampering with the car after it's locked, will generate the triple honk, alerting you the car may have been tampered with in your absence.

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,650 Posts
2010, if I turn off the car, open the door and push down on the door lock (on sill of door), will get a TH when I close the door.

·
Registered
2011 SRX (Mocha Steel); 2008 SRX (Gold Mist)
141 Posts
Nice Ride said:
2010, if I turn off the car, open the door and push down on the door lock (on sill of door), will get a TH when I close the door.
Are you still in the car with the fob? I think it may be trying to warn you that the fob is still in the car. Try stepping out of the car before you press the lock. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Platinum, 2014 S550
1,650 Posts
Not all the way out when I tried it. Will test again. One other thing, I have the settings on the truck to auto arm the alarm and honk the horn when it sets, however, the red alarm light on the dash does not blink..... Only if I press the lock button.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts