Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's been a month since I picked up the new ATS Coupe and I thought I just share with all of you my experience of ownership thus far. To put it bluntly this car is absolutely fantastic !! It's so much fun to drive I only wished I lived in the Swiss Alps so I can really take advantage of the cars handling ability. The car has an absolutely gorgeous interior and I find the ergonomics very comfortable and road noise nominal. My biggest concern when I was purchasing the car was the CUE system. Now having used it for a month as I had previously mentioned another posts it's not only easy to use I actually love it and think it's a great feature. I do have to 3.6 L which has plenty of power especially when passing the 18 wheelers on the New Jersey Turnpike as I had to do several times yesterday. I do find. the air conditioning tends to be weak when in Auto mode and I have to drop down the temperature to get to my liking. That said everything else in the car is working perfectly and for anyone out there thinking about this car I highly recommend :)

PS-One of the best parts about the car is watching all the BMW and Audi owners stretch their neck when I go by . There are not many of the coupes on the road yet so I am getting a big kick out of everyone just gawking at this car !! Love it. :)

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T Performance
88 Posts
I'm in Texas, where the heat index today is 104. I've been waiting for the various A/C complaints to show up on my car as summer finally arrives, but I just haven't run into any problems yet. I find that the actual temperature setting is a bit ambiguous; I do end up adjusting up and down a point or two every now and then. But it certainly cools plenty well. I actually had to bump it up on the drive home today, because it was just exceptionally cold. I'm sure that how it "feels" has a lot to do with the ambient temp and humidity, cloudiness, tint, etc.; but I'm perfectly satisfied, even as it's really starting to heat up outside.

·
Registered
15 ATS Coupe 3.6 AWD Premium Adriatic Blue
16 Posts
We just picked up our Coupe yesterday and took a quick drive in the mountains, it did feel like it should have been cooler in there to me, even after fiddling with the vents/settings. Love the car! Beautiful machine.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tmm2good said:
We just picked up our Coupe yesterday and took a quick drive in the mountains, it did feel like it should have been cooler in there to me, even after fiddling with the vents/settings. Love the car! Beautiful machine.
Congrats and enjoy it !

·
Registered
548 Posts
It's been a month since I picked up the new ATS Coupe and I thought I just share with all of you my experience of ownership thus far. To put it bluntly this car is absolutely fantastic !! It's so much fun to drive I only wished I lived in the Swiss Alps so I can really take advantage of the cars handling ability. The car has an absolutely gorgeous interior and I find the ergonomics very comfortable and road noise nominal. My biggest concern when I was purchasing the car was the CUE system. Now having used it for a month as I had previously mentioned another posts it's not only easy to use I actually love it and think it's a great feature. I do have to 3.6 L which has plenty of power especially when passing the 18 wheelers on the New Jersey Turnpike as I had to do several times yesterday. I do find. the air conditioning tends to be weak when in Auto mode and I have to drop down the temperature to get to my liking. That said everything else in the car is working perfectly and for anyone out there thinking about this car I highly recommend :)

PS-One of the best parts about the car is watching all the BMW and Audi owners stretch their neck when I go by . There are not many of the coupes on the road yet so I am getting a big kick out of everyone just gawking at this car !! Love it. :)
Make sure that the setting "Auto Fan Speed" is set to high. Maybe yours is set to low or median and that i why you feel like it's weak. I live in Florida and I can't complain either.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 3.6 Premium RWD, 2016 Corvette Z06, 2018 GMC Sierra Denali 2500HD Diesel
2,666 Posts
The A/C system also senses sunlight into the cabin area to try to adjust for feel but often what the sensor sees and what is actually hitting the occupant is different based upon angle of sun and vehicle direction so this often leads to the feeling of the temperature being "wrong". I have no complaints about the A/C system and it has cooled well in all the conditions I have put it through including several trips to the highly humid deep south. I use recirc mode much of the time to better control humidity and as another poster noted it works best when maximum fan speed is allowed.

Some people have had their ATS long enough that it is likely the cabin air filter may be due for a change. Over the years GM designed the cabin filter out of some of their vehicles because customers were not having them changed when needed and the HVAC doesn't work well once this happens, cooling is especially crippled by a restricted cabin air filter.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
louie1487 said:
Make sure that the setting "Auto Fan Speed" is set to high. Maybe yours is set to low or median and that i why you feel like it's weak. I live in Florida and I can't complain either.
Oh, thanks I will check that.

·
Registered
Prev: 2004+2007 CTS 3.6 - 2016 ATS 2.0T AWD Lux. Now: 2018 ATS 2.0T AWD Luxury
2,246 Posts
I think other drivers would be looking at an ATS in either
Sedan or Coupe.
There are still not that many on the road and even less with
the Led lights.

Thanks for your report!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts