Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2012 SRX, 2008 XLR
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i did a search on "trim tag and came up with loads of "hits", but not one of them had the information i was seeking. i know my 08 XLR platinum is corvette elektra blue but i am looking for the location of the trim tag for any additional information it may contain, the least of which is the paint code (per cadillac not corvette, lol). i did a physical search of the door jams, the engine compartment, etc and i couldn't locate the "tag". is there one or has that gone the way of the wind?? if none, how does one obtain the information?? is there a cadillac version of the "corvette black book".

thanks for the help.

·
Registered
'02 ETC CE, '04 CTS-V, '04 XLR, '13 XTS Platinum
2,660 Posts
If you mean the RPO code sticker, it is usually affixed to the bottom of the rat fur-covered plate that covers the right/rear storage compartment in the trunk.

CCC

·
Registered
2012 SRX, 2008 XLR
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you mean the RPO code sticker, it is usually affixed to the bottom of the rat fur-covered plate that covers the right/rear storage compartment in the trunk.

CCC
not certain if that's what i mean. GM used to attach a metal tag usually on the cowl or firewall with the trim codes for that particular vehicle. it contained the paint code, the code for the interior trim, etc. i know it was used on vehicles in the 90's, but never really took the time to look for it on any of my newer car purchases since. if the RPO sticker has that information (including what i assume are all the optional equipment, etc) then that will serve the same purpose. i'll take a look in the trunk when i get a chance.

many thanks for the suggestion and direction.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts