Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 White Diamond STS N* 1SF RWD ACC/HUD
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, while removing the "A" pillar interior trim pieces to remove the dash pad for my GPS install, I managed to break the simulated leather piece off both sides that fits on top of the cloth covered piece. Tried to hot glue them back on, but it was 80 degrees here today and the both came loose again. Anyone have this happen and if so, how did you reattach the piece? I am thinking JB Weld...:yup:

·
Registered
99 STS, White Diamond
792 Posts
Been there...

I used a cement called "Goop". It's nice and thick, extremely tacky, has good open time and stays flexible after drying. Used clothes pins and rubber bands to clamp and a year later (we have VERY hot summers) it's still fine. Tried epoxy first but it came loose in normal handling to install--believe lack of flexibility was the problem. JB Weld is essentially epoxy with finely ground metal

Also used Goop to repair the dash pad where it was separating on the lower edge (along the wood trim) on the passenger side. That and very careful use of a heat gun to remove some slight warping and it looks and fits like new.

·
Registered
2005 White Diamond STS N* 1SF RWD ACC/HUD
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I got a tube of Goop, and it seems to be working great...thanks for the tip!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts