Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Escalade ESV
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to search for the clips I need, but I don't know the general term for the loosely mounted panel between rear and side glass. One of mine is too loose and discovered that there are no clips or any thing to receive the panels mounting tabs. The tabs just go into a large hole and flap in the wind. My 08 LTZ 'burb had some form of clip in the hole in the metal and they stayed secure. Either mine cell out, someone took a smoke break on the line....

I'm ordering the GM Service Manuals so Ill be able to answer most of my own questions, but y'all are stuck with me till they arrive..

Thanks!

Geaux Tigers!

·
Registered
2008 Escalade
311 Posts
I searched for "Escalade rear exterior corner applique panel" and got both left and right part numbers.

Right applique - 25970600
Left applique - 25970601

I pulled one of mine off because it was rattling. I don't recall any clips, doesn't rattle after getting fixed and put back in.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade ESV
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much. Never would have guessed appliqué. Was it the mounting tabs that were broken/fixed?

·
Registered
2008 Escalade
311 Posts
Yeah one of the tabs had snapped but was still attached. It didn't fall off but it didn't create enough tension to prevent it from rattling. Some gorilla glue made the tab sturdy enough to prevent rattling.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade ESV
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Same here. Did you build up the repair, or just glue it?

·
Registered
2008 Escalade
311 Posts
I glued and let dry for a couple hours (more than needed) then put a strip of 3M double-sided auto adhesive on one side of the tab directly over the crack. It helped seal it nicely in the hole once I put it back in. Hasn't rattled in the 6 months since I repaired it. The nice thing is that the 3M auto adhesive is strong enough to hold it in place yet you can easily pull it off if you had to get back in there. It's the same stuff used for all auto badges on cars.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts