Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strongly considering the kpe tune with the transmission option for my 2014 platinum xts. I love this car but without the v-sport it's really sluggish when carrying passengers. Does anyone have any thoughts on clarifying the difference between the kpe tune and the trifecta tune?

http://trifectaperformance.com/trifecta/

Or

http://www.kpe-products.com/?s=Xts&post_type=product

Both seem similar although not clear if the trifecta tune includes the transmission tune.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually looked at that as well but it seems they only have a tune for the v-sport engine not the standard 3.6.

·
Registered
2018 CT6E, old: 2014 XTS Vsport, 2005 CTS-V, 2004 CTS-V.
2,696 Posts
I'll be getting Trifecta as I used them before on two other cars and have the cable to connect to laptop. Trifecta or BNR does the ecu and transmission(tcu) and sends a modified version of each. The shifting is nice and responsive with no jerking or abnormalities.

With Trifecta/BNR you give them your VIN, they send you your updated stock file and the modified tune for both ecu and tcu, you data a couple of runs and send the file in, and they return the new and improved tune with a nice bump in performance.

The hidden transparency mode is a real peach!

·
Registered
2013 XTS FWD Premium
46 Posts
X15, are you saying that putting premium in your XTS gives you more pickup or did you have one of these tune ups and then started using premium?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have tried that. After filling three times with 93 I noticed no performance gains although my mpg dropped ! The KPE tune was easy and definitely made a difference! I never felt the car was fast nor slow when driving alone. When I had passengers with me you could feel the engine struggle a bit. That's gone after the tune and it's all out peppy even with 4 adult passengers but without a tune to take advantage of the higher octane you won't see a difference. On the flip side my mpg actually increased about 1.4 mpg after 900 miles average.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts