Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

61 - 80 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V Coupe (Catti-V)
1,801 Posts
Because I've taken my car over 180mph and have video evidence of it holding north of 20+ psi. Good old Elias, afraid of what he doesnt know
Not sure how you take "and you know this how?" as being afraid. Its more having enough wisdom to ask for evidence.
My question wasn't about it not being possible, I know it is because I know I do the same up to about 140. My question was how you knew since you didn't expand or share additional info. You may have been speculating it would and you may have actually done it. I prefer to use actual experience as a reference as opposed to speculation.

It's the internet so unless your name is Jesus Christ no one takes your words as truth without some evidence.

·
Registered
13 Posts
(disregard this) Don't see delete option. Found it lol.
Dumb question. How do I get to the ODB2 port on the ATS-V? I show it is supposed to be just over the gas pedal but I'm not seeing anything. Do I need to remove the panel?

·
Registered
2020 XT5, 2016 ATS-V, 1968 Corvair, 1974 Corvette, 2003 HD Road King
382 Posts
under the LH side of the dash all the was by the driver door. Look under there - you will see it

·
Registered
Cadillac ATS-V sedan
2 Posts
how long does it take for a Trifecta performance calibration file gets uploaded to you? It's been 9 days. They said it would only take 4 days. Should I be concerned.
Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V
307 Posts
Have you asked them about it? Things happen so at this point I'd send them a gentle reminder that you never got it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Tons of people posting about new installs and first drives. How are these tuned cars holding up after a few years? @Leesrt and anyone else who can chime in

·
Registered
2018 ATS-V 6sp MT sedan
275 Posts
I've had my tune for 7000 miles and 15 months. I am now using a Beta version tune that Trifecta sent me. In that time I've done 6 track days. No problems so far with the tune. No error codes. No misfires or limp mode. If I drive economically on the highway I can get over 20-21 MPG on a tank of gas. I can also get 6 MPG at the track (I bring two 5 gal gas cans with me so I can go the whole day at the track). I'm always in either Sport or Race mode so the tune is always enabled.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Does it change any of the PTM settings? Also do any of you have a referral code that could get me a discount and you some brownie points? How much cheaper was it during Black Friday?

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Does it change any of the PTM settings? Also do any of you have a referral code that could get me a discount and you some brownie points? How much cheaper was it during Black Friday?
Trifecta and Tapout don't change anything in PTM other than more power. They do however allow you to stay in track mode after you restart the car.

·
Registered
2018 ATS-V 6sp MT sedan
275 Posts
Mine will stay in Sport mode, but Track mode will always revert to Tour on restart. So for each session as part of my start up routine I need to switch to Track mode then select Race mode.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Mine will stay in Sport mode, but Track mode will always revert to Tour on restart. So for each session as part of my start up routine I need to switch to Track mode then select Race mode.
You have a trifecta tune?

·
Registered
2018 ATS-V 6sp MT sedan
275 Posts
Yes. I just installed the Beta tune this month. I haven't tested to see if the new tune stays in Track mode though. For sure my original tune did not.

·
Registered
1,801 Posts
Yes. I just installed the Beta tune this month. I haven't tested to see if the new tune stays in Track mode though. For sure my original tune did not.
Ask them to update your tune to include that feature. They came out with that over a year ago.

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V
108 Posts
Tapout discovered how to do this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I know this thread was started by trifecta and most people have that tune, but can anyone tell me the main differences between trifecta and tap out. I see tap out has a rev limiter to help launch from first I think that would be helpful

·
Registered
LF4 MASTER TUNER
364 Posts
I know this thread was started by trifecta and most people have that tune, but can anyone tell me the main differences between trifecta and tap out. I see tap out has a rev limiter to help launch from first I think that would be helpful
I own schmidty tuning and have ATSV's 60 footing harder than any other tuner. Im not sure what rev limiter you are talking about but you cant rev an auto car beyond what the torque converter will allow and a manual car sitting on a limiter doesnt build boost anyways so it is worthless reallly but fwiw, its simply setting the neutral RPM limiter below the overall engine limiter on a manual car.

If you would like to send me a message here or [email protected] id be happy to discuss the differences with you more in depth but basically trifecta is designed to be more of a plug and play tune where as others like myself do custom tuning using Hptuners software.

Im the only tuner thats put stock turbo ATSVs in the 9s and being totally custom, I can do anything from wild to mild and adjust the car to get it exactly how you want it to feel.

61 - 80 of 81 Posts