Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2014 cts v sport
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tune works great for 6 months than spark plugs and coil fry. Replaced and 6 months later same thing. Contacted Trifecta and they say it’s common in LF3 engine. Oh thx for telling me now after I pay $888

·
Registered
2015 SRX Premium FWD
450 Posts
I don't know where you come in in the world of "hot rodded" engines, but, typically when you make modifications, especially those that alter spark timing and fuel mixture, supporting modifications include more powerful/durable ignition components,...always has been. So, the 100,000 mile spark plug replacement interval is the first thing to go out the window. And those coils do fail, even without added stress.

·
Registered
2014 CTS-V Sport, 1987 Buick Grand National, 1972 Pontiac
337 Posts
I put 36k miles on my trifecta tuned 14 V sport with no issues. Only failure was rear axle at the track.

·
Registered
2014 CTS Vsport
871 Posts
I put 36k miles on my trifecta tuned 14 V sport with no issues. Only failure was rear axle at the track.
So was your axle failure just that, or was it the roll pin failure in the differential that is the subject of the upcoming recall?

BTW, I have 73k miles on my '14 VSport, probably 1/3 of that with the Trifecta tune. I'm also on my original plugs and coils with no issues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone found a more robust coil over OEM? I plan on installing the tune in the very near future, and I'm a firm believer in Preventative maintenance.

I like the sound of ruthenium plugs, but I can't seem to find an upgrade for the coils so far.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts