Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this site, so I have not found the search very useful.

My 04 CTS has always had a 5 second delay when dropping it in drive first thing in the morning. Reverse is immediate, but when moving to drive the engine just roars till you count off 5 seconds.

The dealer says it is normal, but they are not very knowledgable. They also told me that I could not expect heat to come out of the heater in winter unless I ran the A/C. It was 20 degrees out and blowing cold air. Needless to say - turning on the A/C did not fix it.

·
Registered
CTS
1,756 Posts
I am new to this site, so I have not found the search very useful.

My 04 CTS has always had a 5 second delay when dropping it in drive first thing in the morning. Reverse is immediate, but when moving to drive the engine just roars till you count off 5 seconds.

The dealer says it is normal, but they are not very knowledgable. They also told me that I could not expect heat to come out of the heater in winter unless I ran the A/C. It was 20 degrees out and blowing cold air. Needless to say - turning on the A/C did not fix it.
1. Search proves useful if used, irrespective of time on site.

2. Does not compute. Ah, sounds like a lot of slop in drivetrain/cold fluids - normal to have a bit of hesitation when car is cold, but 5 seconds seems excessive.

3. I guess they feel setting the system on automatic provides the best solution to conditioning the air - hot or cold. It's not gonna warm up any faster or slower regardless of whether the setting is on auto or manual. I have found that leaving it set on automatic helps to prevent icing or frost on the windshield & fogging of front side windows. Further, if you switch to defrost setting the a/c will engage automatically anyway.

·
Registered
2006 Cadillac STS
742 Posts
I too have a lag in my tranny when shifting from reverse to drive, although i wouldn't say it's 5 seconds. Mine does it all the time, hot or cold. I took it in and had a transmission service done on it, but nothing changed. My mechanic also said that a little big of lag is normal so I'm just living with it for now, isn't really a problem but it least i have it documented with them in case it gets worse.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts