Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok...first off, I don't really mind it because its just in the lower gear range at slow speed and it sounds kind of "heavy duty, 'trucky' etc" BUTTTT.... how many others are hearing this? I hear nothing at cruise speed. I'm thinking its normal for those of us with the 8spd trannys but if not, then I need to check with the dealer...thanks!

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
blit184 said:
Ok...first off, I don't really mind it because its just in the lower gear range at slow speed and it sounds kind of "heavy duty, 'trucky' etc" BUTTTT.... how many others are hearing this? I hear nothing at cruise speed. I'm thinking its normal for those of us with the 8spd trannys but if not, then I need to check with the dealer...thanks!
In 4auto or 2wd?

·
Registered
2009 Escalade ESV (sold), 2015i Escalade (sold)
26 Posts
I heard it from the rear axle at highway speeds. Between 70-80mph it was constant at those speeds. It was still present at lower and higher speeds but at highway speeds the "pitch" was more noticeable and VERY annoying. It is my belief it is what is causing the pressure sensation that many are feeling here in the forum. (the whine/vibration from the gears builds up inside the cabin)

·
Registered
'18 Escalade Platinum
924 Posts
I heard it from the rear axle at highway speeds. Between 70-80mph it was constant at those speeds. It was still present at lower and higher speeds but at highway speeds the "pitch" was more noticeable and VERY annoying. It is my belief it is what is causing the pressure sensation that many are feeling here in the forum. (the whine/vibration from the gears builds up inside the cabin)
My '15 has the old 6 speed transmission.

The second rear differential eliminated 99% of the pressure/buffeting. I still notice the buffeting on certain roads.

·
Registered
Cadillac
132 Posts
Mine has a high pitch whine every time we stop. Sounds like it's coming from the rear differential??
Funny the service manger says its normal, but my 07 Lad, 09 Sub, or 2015 Yukon didn't make this whining noise.
The loud clunking sound from time to time is a bonus. Which is normal also I've been told.

What a complete joke !

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
TOBTEK said:
Mine has a high pitch whine every time we stop. Sounds like it's coming from the rear differential?? Funny the service manger says its normal, but my 07 Lad, 09 Sub, or 2015 Yukon didn't make this whining noise. The loud clunking sound from time to time is a bonus. Which is normal also I've been told. What a complete joke !
Try putting it in 2wd. If it disappears it's the 4wd whine which is normal since your vehicle is new. It disappears with use.

·
Registered
Cadillac
132 Posts
It's never been in 4wd yet. We're in San Diego, weather got all the way down to 73 last week. Was brutal. LoL.

·
Registered
2009 escalade hybrid
3,710 Posts
blit184 said:
2WD or 4WD.....mine whines in the lower gears.
There's a difference in the 4wd system. It has to be only in 4auto not 4hi unless there is snow or ice.

·
Registered
2015i Escalade Premium
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There's a difference in the 4wd system. It has to be only in 4auto not 4hi unless there is snow or ice.
Yep... I know....mine whines in ALL positions, 2WD, auto, 4WD hi and low ..... but always only in the lower gears....frankly, I'm not worried.... I pulled up along side some pretty heavy duty GM busses and trucks and heard that same kind of whine.....I think it has to do with them having tuned the tranny to a more "truck like" usage.... could be wrong though!

·
Registered
2015 escalade
6 Posts
mine has a whine/vibration that was at all speeds. Dealer had to replace the front differential (in a brand new 2015 escalade). That was April, I will be returning next week as the noise is back most noticeable between 40-50mph while accelerating. If I take foot of gas sound goes away, when I put back on it comes back!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts