Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
07 DTS
Discussion Starter #1
Well I sure hate to admit this but I got bent over backwards. I have a 2007 DTS. 198,XXX miles. I had the same oil leak DTS is synonymous for @ the rear main seal. Engine & transmission are/were fine no problems. I had a couple of extra dollars so i decided to get the oil leak fixed. Since engine was going to be dropped i had all engine mounts replaced, spark plugs changed and control arms replaced.Pick the car up drove it home no problems get back in it to run to the store & the transmission wont come out of 1st gear. Take it back to mechanic he kept it a couple of days said he didnt plug something up. Drive it back home no problems. Next morning same thing, wont come out of 1st gear. Now the damn mechanic is in JAIL & has been for about a month & shop doesnt know when he'll get out. I've dropped by several times to check see if hes out & hes not. 馃が Any ideas on what could be going on with the transmission?

Registered
08 STS 1SG HUD ACC F55 AWD, 08 STS 1SG Platinum HUD ACC F55 RWD
Did you take your car to the guy who is now in jail OR did you take your car to a company who had an employee who is now in jail. If the second, get the company to fix it. Someone else (employee) eyeing the repair and fixing it may solve your problem. Good Luck.

Registered
07 DTS
Discussion Starter #3
The "shop" I took it to each mechanic has it's own customers. & the guy who worked on my car is in jail.

Registered
2019 XTS Luxury AWD, 2004 SRX N* AWD (gone)
Maybe get some codes if there are any. What's he in jail for?

Registered
2011 DTS Base
Maybe you can visit him in jail and let him know it's doing the same thing again and he can tell you what it was that he fixed the first time.

2006 DTS perf
2006 DTS Performance Lux III
Ok thats funny. DWI or child support? Take it to someone who has a scan tool pull up any codes from the transmission. The scanner at the auto parts store won't pull up the codes you're looking for. I'm thinking he pinched a wire somewhere.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts