Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,503 Posts
No - no room to remove all interference. You can get the car up on a hoist and, using jacks and tall transmission stands, remove the entire left suspension, exhaust and driveline, lower the cradle at an angle and remove the transmission that way.

I saw it done on a Deville at my neighbor's - Charlie The Transmission Man - and I would not, at 75, tackle it on my own now.

·
Registered
1998 Seville STS, 2003 Deville
282 Posts
Like Sub said. it can be done by tilting the cradle down on the drivers side. I did it this way on my 2003 Deville. Just have to look at anything that can get pulled on like on my Deville the brake lines from the master cylinder to the ABS unit are attached with plastic retainers to the inside uni-body right there at the trans cover. Just pop those loose and remove the master cylinder and lay it off to the side to allow the cradle to tilt down approx. 10" on the drivers side. A lift is really helpful but it could be done on the ground with some tall jack stands and a floor jack. While your at it you may as well replace the problematic heater pipe fitting that threads into the back of the coolant crossover. To tilt the cradle down you will need to disturb that heater pipe and it probably will start leaking then. Replace the fitting with a brass 1/2" pipe to 5/8" hose fitting and a short pcs of heater hose and then never have mess with it again. Below is a link to how I did it.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-deville-1985-2005-including-1985/680961-2003-deville-tcc-solenoid-replacement-cradle.html

----------

Almost forgot, if you going to do it like this then don't forget to remove the pinch bolt from the steering column to steering gear coupling and slide the coupler off before lowering the cradle. Otherwise you could damage the steering gear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts