Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1941 series 6227 2007 SRX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have an idea of the cause of this issue with my 2007 SRX: It started a few weeks ago ( 84,000 miles), intermittently when braking, I feel a "shudder" through the transmission and the shift lever vibrates forward and back. It doesn't do it all the time. It is a 3.6 V-6, AWD. Could this be an issue with the electronics, or just needs a trans fluid change? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2005 SRX 3.6
48 Posts
We had precisely the same symptoms after an engine replacement ( 3.6 timing chain failure ) at 51k miles minus -- intermittant, non-repeatable shudder or stutter only sometimes on deceleration and/or braking. I thought it might be a fluid level issue or a controller adaptation issue since the first time this car ever saw WOT was during ring break-in.

Dealer purged and refilled fluid, and the issue vanished.

·
Registered
**2014 CTS4 Sport Wagon-Luxury**
1,968 Posts
Does anyone have an idea of the cause of this issue with my 2007 SRX: It started a few weeks ago ( 84,000 miles), intermittently when braking, I feel a "shudder" through the transmission and the shift lever vibrates forward and back. It doesn't do it all the time. It is a 3.6 V-6, AWD. Could this be an issue with the electronics, or just needs a trans fluid change? Any help will be greatly appreciated.
I felt something similar to what you describe and my issue turned out to be new brakes and rotors...I haven't had a recurrence since the 4 wheel brake job was done and I know the mechanics so I didn't get anything the car didn't need...

Hope you get yours fixed up...

Bill

·
Registered
**2014 CTS4 Sport Wagon-Luxury**
1,968 Posts
I had been told previous that it is usually warped rear rotors that might cause this...a check of the gumbo (flex disc connector) could cause this if loose but I bet you will find it is the rear brake rotors...

Bill

·
Registered
1941 series 6227 2007 SRX
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the additional info on the possible brake rotor issue. I have been monitoring the "shudder", and discovered that it begins when the brakes are heated up. The harder I drive and brake, the more often the "shudder" happens. I think
the brakes are the culprit. New pads and rotors are ordered. Phil

1 - 7 of 7 Posts