Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Escalade, 2010 CTS-V Sedan
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
car is a 2006 3.6 with about 6000 miles on it.

has anyone had any weird problems with the 5 speed auto shifting really strange? it seems that mine is doing some really weird stuff like the converter is locking and unlocking way too much and when i coast down a hill at like 45 mph, the rpm's will drop to 800 or 900 and then go back up to 1800 or so over and over.

having owned many gm cars and trucks, this doesnt seem like something that most gm cars do.

is this an isolated problem or have others seen the same thing?

·
Registered
CTS
343 Posts
I've noticed the same thing as you, although mine doesn't shift quite THAT bad. at 45 it hunts through gears constantly though. The change in RPM is only +/- 500 though, not 1000.

·
Registered
2010 Escalade, 2010 CTS-V Sedan
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:rant2:
I've noticed the same thing as you, although mine doesn't shift quite THAT bad. at 45 it hunts through gears constantly though. The change in RPM is only +/- 500 though, not 1000.

do you feel that is normal? my escalade I had didnt shift like that and my 04 vette shifts firm and solid as well as my 06 duramax with the allison transmission.

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
I would get it into the Caddy shop to document possible problems. Just in case this problem persists for years. While there, you could drive a used CTS to try to replicate the problem.

Tell salesman you are thinking of trading--which is true.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts