Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
escalade ext
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 03 Certified pre-owned Escalade EXT is just out of warranty it has 57k miles As far as I know the tranny has never been serviced no issues with it just want to perform all the maintenance on it now. As for the filter should I buy a OEM GM or is there a better aftermarket alternative. I was thinking of going with Royal purple Max ATF or if there is anything better than the RP I will use that.also anyone know if the 03 EXT has a tranny cooler other than the one in the radiator? Anyone install aftermarket one?? thank's guys

·
Registered
'02 Escalade
200 Posts
Go OEM on the filter to make sure you get a good part. If you want to order one to do it yourself, you can get deals from www.gmotors.com. I've ordered a half dozen parts from them and had good results/no problems. RP is a good fluid...just make sure it is compatible with whatever fluid is supposed to go in the truck...check your manual for that. Drop your pan, change the filter and then follow the sticky at the top of the page that tells you how to pump all the old fluid out through the radiator. The only problem I ran into when doing this job was I couldn't drop the pan completely out due to the cable bracket on the driver's side that was in the way. You can remove that bracket using a torx bit (I'm not sure what size it is) and a universal joint extender socket or just bend it out of the way to get the pan down. Removing that bracket can be a major pain since the torx bolts are on top of the tranny pan. Other than that, its a good service to do on your truck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts