Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, 2017 XT5 AWD
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wondered how the RWD and the AWD '11 CTS Coupe had the same EPA numbers. I have an AWD Coupe and I think I see how they do it. It always seems as if the transmission is always 1 or 2 gears higher than you'd want to be. Yes it will kick down pretty easily. You never get that rush of power unless you step on it and allow the trans a second or two to downshift. My Acura RDX alwys seems ready to accellerate without the downshift. Sport mode in the CTS helps just a little bit. Now if I manually shift, I can hold a gear and be ready to hit it and go. Now don't get me wrong, with $5 gas on the way I'm happy the CTS tries to squeeze every mile out of a gallon of gas, I just wish it felt faster. When I go in for my first oil change I will ask if there is a reprogram for the trans shift points. Still in love with the coupe :cloud9:

·
Registered
CTS Coupe Performance Stick
1,013 Posts
I noticed the same thing when I test drove the Coupe. I was definately going stick in any case but the test drive certainly added to my resolve. I did not like the auto trans making the decisions for me in what was/is intended to be my "fun" vehicle.

If I'm not satisfied with the acceleration, easy to drop down a gear to snap my neck a bit! :D

·
Registered
Formerly owned: 1992, 93, 94, 99, 02, 06, 08, 11.
337 Posts
Yeah, waiting 2 seconds for some power is WAAAAAAAAY too long. Please let us know if you find out "if there is a reprogram for the trans shift points."

·
Registered
11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma
2,997 Posts
I can tune them just fine. The warrenty is not modified from them if you do it right..... :)

Stop by the shop sometime if you guys want to try out a tune for the trans that makes it shift alot better... I can put it back to stock if it dont fix what you guys are complaining about with them. It makes it a TON better.

·
Registered
'14 CTS 2.0 Luxury AWD, 2017 XT5 AWD
1,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I can tune them just fine. The warrenty is not modified from them if you do it right..... :)

Stop by the shop sometime if you guys want to try out a tune for the trans that makes it shift alot better... I can put it back to stock if it dont fix what you guys are complaining about with them. It makes it a TON better.
What would that cost and where are you located?

·
Registered
Former owner 2008 CTS
228 Posts
I wondered how the RWD and the AWD '11 CTS Coupe had the same EPA numbers. I have an AWD Coupe and I think I see how they do it. It always seems as if the transmission is always 1 or 2 gears higher than you'd want to be. Yes it will kick down pretty easily. You never get that rush of power unless you step on it and allow the trans a second or two to downshift. My Acura RDX alwys seems ready to accellerate without the downshift. Sport mode in the CTS helps just a little bit. Now if I manually shift, I can hold a gear and be ready to hit it and go. Now don't get me wrong, with $5 gas on the way I'm happy the CTS tries to squeeze every mile out of a gallon of gas, I just wish it felt faster. When I go in for my first oil change I will ask if there is a reprogram for the trans shift points. Still in love with the coupe :cloud9:
Final drive ratio is also taller on the AWD CTS than in the RWD. This probably accounts for most of what we're feeling and for the equivalent gas mileage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts