Cadillac Owners Forum banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
91 Fltwd Coupe (93 Regal Coupe & 90 LSC SE)
392 Posts
Unfortunately the recent downgrade seems to have killed this site. It's now owned by some car forum syndicate (that also owns at least one Toyota forum - YUCK!) rather than Cadillac enthusiasts!

I appreciate all the work you've done to get the car running but unfortunately it sounds like it also has the common headbolt issue.

·
Registered
2001 DTS
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Yeah, it's likely.
It hasn't overheated but also isn't driven much. Every time I drive it the fill tank is empty and has to have coolant added.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,164 Posts
Unfortunately the recent downgrade seems to have killed this site. It's now owned by some car forum syndicate (that also owns at least one Toyota forum - YUCK!) rather than Cadillac enthusiasts
This site is owned by VerticalScope, located in Toronto, ON, Canada. I'd assume that most of their personnel are not gearheads, but fortunately we have quite a few members who are damned good at car stuff and offering advice. We have several Moderators who work to keep the site running and clean, and who also offer constructive criticism to Site Admin regarding upgrades and problems. Concerned members can offer site advice through the Community Help forum.

Fumble, It sounds like you need to jack up the rear view mirror and run a new Seville under it. What does/did your cylinder block exhaust gas test tell you ?

·
Registered
2001 DTS
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #104 (Edited)
Exchanging it for another Northstar car would be exchanging it for another set of problems, so no. I'm trying to solve a transmission issue right now. The engine can wait.
I realize the cars are considered throw-aways, but it's a night vision car which is what I wanted.

·
Registered
Alexandra - 96 SDV Clyde - 15 Silvy
6,357 Posts
I hate that about newer cars. They could be so much more than that these days with better engineering, but that would not be keeping up with the Joneses.

Any progress with the trans?

101 - 106 of 106 Posts