Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys my 03 esv let me down last night I was in cruise control when all of a sudden my doors unlocked and trans felt like it went into neutral I got it to the side of the road and it wouldn't move no matter what I did I put the shifter in reverse got out and the rev lights were not on any ideas??

·
Registered
2005 Escalade ESV, White Diamond Pearl
342 Posts
Hi guys my 03 esv let me down last night I was in cruise control when all of a sudden my doors unlocked and trans felt like it went into neutral I got it to the side of the road and it wouldn't move no matter what I did I put the shifter in reverse got out and the rev lights were not on any ideas??
When you move the shift lever, do you feel any thing change. I am thinking your doors unlocked when the shift cable possibly broke letting the transmission slip into neutral. Or a similar scenario.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys shifter cable is fine checked it already engine light is on but i already disconnected bettery and cleared the light before I checked it

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
03esv03 said:
Thanks guys shifter cable is fine checked it already engine light is on but i already disconnected bettery and cleared the light before I checked it
Pull the codes anyway

They will help

1 - 5 of 5 Posts