Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is 9% transmission fluid life showing on my screen. Googled how to flush/fill the tranny fluid and learned it has to be done from underneath with a particular pump. Priced the service for a flush/fill and a new pump....WOW!!!...I'm in Hamilton Ontario, does anyone know where I could get a used one near me or one I could borrow to fill my fluid?
Thanks, need asap please.

·
Registered
2007 CTS 3.6 >132k miles
772 Posts
I assume you are referring to the professional flush/exchange machine??? If so it is probably worth just taking it to an indie garage for a fluid exchange. However, it is fairly easy to do a poor-man's flush if you have the space to do it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I assume you are referring to the professional flush/exchange machine??? If so it is probably worth just taking it to an indie garage for a fluid exchange. However, it is fairly easy to do a poor-man's flush if you have the space to do it.
Thanks Ryan, we actually went to Canadian Tire and bought a standard pump that fits onto a gallon jug with the hose extension and insert into the tank for $9.99 so he's going to drop the pan, new gasket (gotta find out where to buy one) check the filter and do it himself. A friend has a hoist so.....thanks for your reply...1st time owner of a Cadillac and boy is this thing complicated!!! lol.....

·
Registered
2007 CTS 3.6 >132k miles
772 Posts
Thanks Ryan, we actually went to Canadian Tire and bought a standard pump that fits onto a gallon jug with the hose extension and insert into the tank for $9.99 so he's going to drop the pan, new gasket (gotta find out where to buy one) check the filter and do it himself. A friend has a hoist so.....thanks for your reply...1st time owner of a Cadillac and boy is this thing complicated!!! lol.....
Always nice when others are willing to help! If this is the first time dropping the pan it may also be worth getting a new filter. I went with AC Delco filter and gasket from Amazon (best price I could find). If you go with gasket only, Felpro has never failed in any of my applications and they are very affordable on Rock Auto.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts