Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Logged in as windchill Title:

60K miles-well maintained. Dealership informed me that, "something came apart inside the transmission." To pinpoint failure the Trn would need to be disassembled. Ordered GM remanufactured Trn. Total cost: $3400.

Soon after buying the car the transmission sensors were replaced. We have enjoyed driving the Deville but understandably doubts arise concerning the car's reliability. The Japanese continue to have a field day with quality issues surrounding many American cars. I've owned a Toyota Supra, a Mazda 626, and currently drive a Honda Element, all of wich required routine maintenance only.

I have friends who only buy Japanese cars because they can't afford the down time or money for costly repairs. Well, I guess it's mandatory that I look at a Lexus, or whatever in the future.
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:
No icon

·
Registered
2,721 Posts
Some folks have had very bad luck with their cars and some have had great runs with 300K+ miles on engine and tranny.....

Sorry to hear about your experience, and you won't get too much sympathy here being its a PRO caddy site.

That being said, I think our cars are not the most reliable in the world (like maybe a toyota) but a caddy is better than average I think. If you look at JD power or other places that tally and score reliability, Caddy's damned high. You'll also see most german brands rank pretty low on the list.

I love my car and FOR THE MONEY its one of the best deals out there.

PS many problems are not that expensive to fix if you hang around here and learn to DIY. being a domestic, if something does go wrong, it will be chepaer to fix (parts) compared to import luxury brands.

Try getting a tranny replaced in a equaivalent mileage Mercedes! ouch

1 - 3 of 3 Posts