Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1998 deville, 2000 sls, 2006 CTS-V, 2001 STS, 2007 STS V8
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1.)alright guys, I've spent the last almost 3 hours searching what could be wrong now. I am getting codes PO29 (Transaxle Shift 'B' solenoid problem (1st, 3rd, 4th gear)) and PO30 (ISC RPM out of range)...but thats nonsense! I replaced both selonoids yesterday! and the car is driving just as bad. there was a point that I didn't even have second gear today when i took it around my block. I had to shut the car off and back on, then it seem to shiff so so, still sluggish. and last night none of this happened. but i was getting PO39 the VCC code last night....but that just says history now. the next thing I am thinking about investing in is a new PCM. thats my last hope.

2.)another thing I am concerned with is the car wants to accelerate when costing...it has been doing this ever since the selonoids seemed like they gave outand still doing it after the new ones are in..it sucks having to ride the brakes doin 45 in dense traffic. i had the entire vacuum system redone at a shop thinking there was a vacuum leak, but nope!

3.) this goes along with #2.when i turn the car on, the idle is around 1500, and then slowly drops to about 1200. and when i put it in gear, it revs up to about 2000 and comes back down to 1000 and shifts into the gear i wanted..this goes for park to reverse, or park to drive, or revers to drive, or drive to reverse. ...it seems like the tranny takes a while to get in gear..seeing how it has to go all the way p to 2000 and back down to 1000. ..i have no idea why this is occuring.

this car ran fine before...so I don't know whats going on.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,242 Posts
It would help if you told us what year we are talking about so we know what engine is in it. You might want to list that in your profile so it shows up below your name. I'll assume you are talking about a Northstar. A good TB cleaning may solve your idle problems. I am not sure if that will solve your other problems but I seem to recall that the tranny will protect itself by not going into gear if the RPM's are too high (don't know exactly what too high is). Try cleaning the TB and see what happens.

·
Registered
95 gold-n-cream SLS
385 Posts
Also, i had this problem with my Mazda Protege. If there is a mass air flow sensor that is attached to the air box, like there is in a protege, then all that need to be done is a quick cleaning with a qtip. The Mass Air Flow sensor should be where the tube from the box connects to the intake manifold. In that line somewhere whould be a mass airflow sensor. Just clean it, and it should not happen. As far as the shift solinoids. Make sure you commected the retaining piece and make sure you put that black piece that you take off first, back on.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok, tomorrow will be clean the TB and MAP sensor day. I will let you know how things turn out. Hopefully for the good!

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,242 Posts
What Jonny5 is discribing is the MAF (mass airflow) sensor. I cannot recall if you car has a MAF sensor or a MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor, which of coarse would not be relevent to his discription. I want to say your car has a MAP rather than MAF sensor. Someone will correct me if I am wrong.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cleaned the map sensor and no dirt in the throttle body ...fixed the high idle with a different idle controle motor. today after i replaced the icm, i had 2nd gear. then all of a sudden after driving it 25 mph down the street checking for the high idle, it starts smoking. than i loose 2nd gear.so, i had no gears. at this point, i turn the car off and then turn it back on. I put it into drive and it takes about two seconds for the tranny to engage...and then it barely gets home, it felt like i was in forth gear or something going 15mph, i dunno, i had barely any acceleration. so, i got home, popped the hood. and theres tranny fluid all over. the fluid poured out the air release valve and burned on the engine. i started the engine back up and i tried putting it in reverse and it took like 2 seconds to engage, i could press my foot on the gas and it went nowhere b4 i felt it engage. and then i put it back in drive and it did the same thing, i actually rolled backwards on my driveway in drive and i put the brakes back on , and the car engaged and barely felt like it made it up my driveway. i did check the tranny fluid at idle and it was fine. i dont understand these problems when two days ago the selonoids where replaced and it was shifting properly. any suggestions before i take it to the dealer and pay a crap load , im thinking a the solenoid wires could be pinched or loose, or something??...or maybe its time for a new pcm??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts