Cadillac Owners Forum banner

41 - 46 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
'04 3.6L, Clear Fogs, 20" TV, Tints, Streeglow, V Bumper
2,501 Posts
i just had this happn 2 weeks ago on my car.. i had to get it towed home... by rule... mine popped out and it could actually be threated back in.. my O bolt thing actaully popped off the raidator.. like the wielded piece.. so i had to get a new radiator.. but yes u can first see if it threads back in

·
Registered
2 Posts
Well guys my earlier post mentioned the possibility of transmission problems after the blow rad.coolant line......yup..the tranny is acting up. Weird noises, constantly searching for new gear... still drivable but too it back to dealer today after contacting again cadillac customer care. Looks like the dealer with caddies $$ aid will replace the tranny for $500 cost to me. Sounds good???? I'm thinking hell yes.. isn't it about 4K$$ to do?

·
Registered
Cadillac
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I just got my car back today.

Lesson learned: I didn't take it to the dealership, I think this was a mistake.

- They put in a defected rad which caused me to burn out the tranny
- Took them over a week to decide to pay for a rental for me
- Total of 22 Days for the repair

The garage I brought it to came highly recommended by a reputable source. They rebuilt the transmission but had to borrow tools from the dealership multiple times. Once rebuilt they had to have it towed to the dealership to have it "reprogrammed".

They are going after the original manufacturer of the radiator for compensation... their bill was $4200 plus two weeks for the rental car.

It seems to be driving well, although I haven't gone far. I noticed it tends to jump suddenly between 5-20 kms/h but not bad. Every gear after that is shifting well.

I don't understand transmissions well enough... is this something that may smooth out over time?

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
Wow glad to hear its all fixed and you got it back.
I do know that this transmission is hard to work on, thr tranny guy at the dealer said he did not want to rebuild it if mine was done..he would just not looking forward to it.
As for the rough 1-2 shift (assuming it is 1-2) it should be fairly smooth. Be sure to take it easy for a while as you have to break in the tranny, its got a lot of new parts.
The reprogramming...meh its more of deleting memory on driving patterns I believe.

·
Registered
2003 CTS
1 Posts
Great resource here. This happend to me today on my 03 cts. Wasn't sure what it was at first, no signs of bad tranny but initially thought I may have blown it.. Thank God it was just the trans cooler line that snapped.. Gotta figure out if I should replace the radiator or do the external tranny cooler.. Need to ask my mechanic, or if this forum could respond, what will take less time and how much time (I'm calculating labor cost).

FYI I bought the caddy cts 03 yesterday after my co-worker totaled my 2013 Hyundai Elantra two weeks ago.. I do love the Caddilac comfort but being a first time owner of one and after day one already issues does raise questions.. but hey, it's a helluva lot more fun than that fragile elantra lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
My Cadillac cts is a 2004 and I got it 6days ago I've had nothing but trouble now it leaked out all my transmission fluid it's at a shop I need transmmion cooler assembly lines how much will that cost me and I've never had a Cadillac cts it Seems like I got a lemon and it only has 132,000 mileage on it as well

41 - 46 of 46 Posts