Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2008 CTS 3.6
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to introduce myself to this forum as we have just purchased a 2008 CTS PFI 3.6 Auto with 46k for my mother. I already have a quick question about it...

While driving it home from the dealer, I noticed that it would make this clunk when going from P to R or D to R. Also cruising at 45 mph, then giving the car roughly 3/4 throttle, I noticed this same faint clunk with the downshift (Not a metal on metal sound but more like the sound of running over a small branch on the road)

I found this post: [Edit: apparantly can't post links yet, its a post on 11-23-10 from jghiller about freeplay in the driveline regarding reverse clunking]

and from jghillers valuable input, I gather that it shouldn't be that big of an issue, but I would just like to know if anyone else experiences this on their car or can offer any further insight. Thanks and I look forward to being a part of the community. -Steve

·
Registered
2008 CTS
257 Posts
I found a service bulletin on this but all it says is that its not a long term durability issue, and that there is not field repair for this... :(

1 - 2 of 2 Posts