Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been lucky enough to have come into a laser cutter that I am able to use. Is there any need in the forum for adapter plates for transmission swaps. I have seen some of you wanting fit certain trannys with the caddy BB family.

This is more of an inquiry. As of right now I am able to cut up to .625 think Steel.

I need to do a 500/472 to a 700R4. So I will have this one already.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your not taking money out of my pocket, I was just offering services.

If this adapter is so common could you please direct me to that manufacturer

·
Banned
1,258 Posts
spyderman said:
Your not taking money out of my pocket, I was just offering services.

If this adapter is so common could you please direct me to that manufacturer
TCI is one....Summit has them.

Caddys use the BOP (Buick, Oldsmobile, Pontiac) bolt pattern. The 700R4 is a Chevy bolt pattern so you'll need a BOP engine to Chevy trans adapter plate.

Summit part number - TCI-230001

·
Registered
'80 Fleetwood Coupe, 1994 and 1995 Mercedes 140 Coupe
2,096 Posts
That is a very kind offer to help fellow Cadillac modifiers. Thanks. I think that the price of adaptor plates is pretty cheap though and it may not be worth the setup time. There are a few other custom fabrication pieces that would be worth it. One would be brackets to use a Nippondenso AC compressor on the Cad engine. Another would be brackets for some alternator conversions. There are more....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Let me know of some of the other apps that we are able to utilize this feature.

We all have to help each other.

Andrew

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hmmm Im new to the forum and really only have a interest in the drive train of the caddy. I wonder if a powerslide could be made to mate up?

Glenn

·
Registered
6 Posts
Another handy item would be intake plates of steel so someone could fab up their own intake be it a tunnel ram or whatever. Use exhaust pipe and plate to make your own but you need the plate that goes on the head to start with.
Glenn

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
That is able to be looked at for both the Powerglide and intake plate. I have a brnd New Powerglide sitting here so I could get that expedited.

On the intake Tell me if I understand... You want valley Pan with intake holes cut out, or just the Plates?

LMK

Drew

·
Registered
6 Posts
Mind you I am not ready for either item just yet but just thinking of what might be nice. I am putting a 500 caddy (if I ever find one at a decent price) into a 83 camaro for a father son Bracket car that will be dedicated track only. I am thinking I can get the weight down to between 2500-2800 lbs with out spending too much money as this is a budget car.

I would like the chance to fab a intake for a 500 not sure how effective it would be or even feasable. I forgot about the valley pan I was just thinking plates only what would you suggest? If a vally pan could be fabbed from sheet metal and then the intake welded up from the plates that might just work. I was thinking steel plates just because I cant weld alumn yet with my mig. :crying2:

I am hoping the powerslide would be a good choice for my bracket car I have seen many behind big blocks in the past. I am trying to stay slower than 12.49 in the 1/4 so I dont have to install a roll bar,besides My son and his friend will be sharing the driving with Dad so I dont want to scare em too awful bad :devil: .

Glenn

1 - 10 of 10 Posts