Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does the transaxle fluid indicator reset itself when the battery is disconnected? I have a '94 deville, and I feel like I may be long overdue for a change, but the computer hasn't told me I need one since I bought the car 40,000 miles ago.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,785 Posts

·
Registered
13 Challenger RT, 11 CTS Coupe Premium, 94 Eldorado (RIP)
1,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Are you familiar with the OBD system? There is a way to see how much life it has according to the PCM. If you have checked for codes before and you know how to get that far, I can lead you to the trans oil life if you are comfortable going further.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the reasurance on that 100k mark. I was a bit nervous because a mechanic told me 100k was unheard of, and my transmission was probably already doomed because i hadn't been changing my fluid every 30,000 miles.
as for the using the computer to check on the remaining life, that'd be very helpful to know how to do that. I have checked for codes before, but I've never gone any further than that. I'd appreciate the guidance.

·
Registered
13 Challenger RT, 11 CTS Coupe Premium, 94 Eldorado (RIP)
1,306 Posts
To get to the override section and see your transaxle oil life:

After testing is complete, PCM? will show on the display.
Press FAN HI once.
At PCM Data, press FAN LO once.
At PCM Inputs, press FAN LO once.
At PCM Outputs, press FAN LO once.
At PCM Overrides, press FAN HI once.

You are now in the override menu.
Press FAN HI until you get to PS15.

PS15 is transaxle oil life.

The cooler button decreases life, the warmer button increases life (if the need be to change it).

When done press the AUTO button to exit the system. Be careful while in there. Follow the directions closely and don't mess with anything else in there unless you know what you are doing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts