Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1993 deville
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1993 Cadillac and when I bought it (2mths) the previous owner said it has transmission issue. when it start cold it drive til it warms and that has been it until last week on the way home from work it started shuttering when switching into second gear. I tries looking at different threads and look at the fuses which were all good. Now the car on barley moves when I first crank it up but as soon as I stop it won't move anymore. ANYONE PLEASE HELP it's my only transportation

·
Registered
1993 deville
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There's slightly a little bit more atf in it and I had to add a quart of motor oil. I was thinking I need to changer screen in the transmission but will that make the car act up like that

·
Registered
1992 DeVille
2,339 Posts
red-oak said:
I am no expert but motor oil in transmission is not a good idea at all in my mind?
I'm guessing the motor oil went in the engine, not the trans. It was just a side note? I reserve the right to be wrong although I'd hope not

·
Registered
1993 deville
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lol no the latter guy was right I put the motor oil in the motor and the transmission fluid was already ful. I can understand cars a little but all this electronic stuff in these Cadillacs those me through loops

1 - 6 of 6 Posts