Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2014 AWD 2.0 Obsession Red --Black 2007 STS-V
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shortly after I changed the ECM with a Wait 4 Me upgrade Jessie posted about an upgrade for the Transmission. He offers to loan a Handheld unit to allow the program to load ,then return the Handheld and get your deposit back.
Has anyone done this yet?
All I really want is for the gears to change when I hit the shifter...not several hundred RPM later.:horse:
It seems to shift fine in sport mode automatic , but when I manually shift it falls on its face and takes 3-500 rpm before the shift.
I sent one email to Jessie but his box must have been full that day as I got no response. I was thinking someone might have done this upgrade by now.

·
Banned
STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....
3,404 Posts
Just FYI, we have done many ECU tunes here to vehicles and in those tunes we address the shift points, delays between shifts, shift timing, etc... These suckers are pretty snappy now!

Definitely possible and has been done plenty of times by D3. We just have to the vehicle here.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Shortly after I changed the ECM with a Wait 4 Me upgrade Jessie posted about an upgrade for the Transmission. He offers to loan a Handheld unit to allow the program to load ,then return the Handheld and get your deposit back.
All I really want is for the gears to change when I hit the shifter...not several hundred RPM later.:horse:
It seems to shift fine in sport mode automatic , but when I manually shift it falls on its face and takes 3-500 rpm before the shift.
I sent one email to Jessie but his box must have been full that day as I got no response. I was thinking someone might have done this upgrade by now.

·
Registered
'06 STS-V; '10 STS 1SG; '08 Escalade, '08 Escalade EXT
504 Posts

The software, dongle and tune are on its way to me from Jesse as of yesterday; I'm in VA right now for business but hope to be home this weekend so if its there I will tinker with the app and do my crank relearn then load the TCM tune and report back.

·
Registered
2006 STS-V(traded) ; 2012 CTS-V
56 Posts
The software, dongle and tune are on its way to me from Jesse as of yesterday; I'm in VA right now for business but hope to be home this weekend so if its there I will tinker with the app and do my crank relearn then load the TCM tune and report back.
I too have one on the way! But what makes you think you have to do a crank relearn? I was under the impression I'm getting a programmer for the engine and trans. I believe all that needs to be done is check to make sure you have the latest GM update on your ECM. Crank relearn only comes into effect if your are changing computers right? With Jesse's handheld, updates are being made to the cars orginal computer. Do you know something different?

Bob Z

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:cool2:

I'll wait for the results , :bouncy:

·
Registered
STS-V
21 Posts
Just FYI, we have done many ECU tunes here to vehicles and in those tunes we address the shift points, delays between shifts, shift timing, etc... These suckers are pretty snappy now!

Definitely possible and has been done plenty of times by D3. We just have to the vehicle here.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

What are you guys getting for this? About all I'm looking to do to the car is maybe get an air filter kit of some sort, and take care of the sloppy/ lazy shifting of the trans.

·
Registered
504 Posts
:cool2:

I'll wait for the results , :bouncy:
Sorry for the delay on this! The EFIlive package was here on Saturday; I have been putzing with it and also perform the crank relearn which I still haven't been able to perform successfully on neither the V or my WS6 -- I added the .PID's to the data log and the field never changes to yes; nor do the error columns ever change from 0.

Hopefully Jesse can chime in; do I have to be a near fuel cut off before clicking on the option? Car was at operating temp, and brake applied, clicked -- nothing.. no prompting, and nothing in the data logging to show it worked.

·
Registered
11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma
2,997 Posts
parking brake needs to be set, then foot on brake, start car with foot still on brake. Then start the software, hit the green button at the top left, then go to the DVT tab. Then select e67 ecm type.

then go to case relearn and at that time, you hit the button, you have 1 second to get the motor to 4200rpms. if it goes past that point then you did it wrong and need to follow these steps exactly again..

If it hits the limiter at 4200 then let off the gas pedal and let it idle for 15 seconds. Then shut off the car and wait 22 seconds. Then you are done. It is very simple.

·
Registered
Cadillac
746 Posts
Jesse I emailed you a few weeks ago I bought the ECM and would like to do the trans tune the same time I install everything. What do I need to do for this to happen?!

Thanks

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just looking for any progress , a couple response from those who ordered the units.
Any results to share? :highfive:

·
Registered
06 STS-V, 08 STS-V, 14 Raptor, 12 Camaro SS, 08 FJ
1,777 Posts
Went to vengence performance to have my buddies truck done. Got Jessys PCM. I watched them do the relearn. One thing I missed in trying to do this myself is something very important. When you hold the break and hit the software to start you FLOOR THE GAS right away. IF the RPM's go past 5k then let off imediately, start from scratch because it didn't work. IF it stops at 4200 and drops back down in RPM's let off and it should be successfull.. NOTE The engine will automatically stop increasing in RPMS if the relearn works. IF you keep doing the process and going past 5k, its not working, check your steps from the beginning.
You do not have to restart the car every time you retry. just hold the break, push start on the tool and FLOOR IT. It took the guy with a tech II, 2 or 3 times before it was successful.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Went to vengence performance to have my buddies truck done. Got Jessys PCM. I watched them do the relearn. One thing I missed in trying to do this myself is something very important. When you hold the break and hit the software to start you FLOOR THE GAS right away. IF the RPM's go past 5k then let off imediately, start from scratch because it didn't work. IF it stops at 4200 and drops back down in RPM's let off and it should be successfull.. NOTE The engine will automatically stop increasing in RPMS if the relearn works. IF you keep doing the process and going past 5k, its not working, check your steps from the beginning.
You do not have to restart the car every time you retry. just hold the break, push start on the tool and FLOOR IT. It took the guy with a tech II, 2 or 3 times before it was successful.
Using EFILive I may add you need to press 'Enable' of the Bidirectional commands before any of the tabs work beneath the submenu or you can press it until the cows come home and it won't work :) I figured that out after 2 tries.. You have to have great foot and hand coordination.. I did it twice after I knew I had done it correctly just to be sure.. The PID logging also confirmed. I think I hit a max of 5k because I would just squeeze the throttle rather than floor it which I would anyone to do to be on the safe side.

IMPORTANT: Another reason to *squeeze* the throttle is that when the fuel cuts off you *immediately* release.. as Jesse said, if it hesitates, and you don't you overshoot and need to do it again also.

It *does* made a low/midrange difference after performing this with the new PCM.. Throttle is more responsive and crisp as others have mentioned after doing the C.A.S.E. learn.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts