Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
With an attitude like his.....

Reactions: FunkZ and Long

Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 馃檮

Registered
2005 CTS
I'll go back to my original question. Why are you changing the fluid?

Manual transmissions have STEEL gears and bearings that wear. The oil gets contaminated by the worn metal and the environment, it has no filter to clean the oil only the magnets to hold the worn metal. The same is true of the differentials. and please change the power steering fluid too. Brake fluid is another fluid that gets contaminated it needs to be changed.
The car is 12 years old. Those are all good reasons.

I really don't think Me-Gone43 will be back after that reception that some members wrote to be humorous.
Hi Flash,
I should have been more explicit in my question. With his apparent lack of mechanical knowledge, it seems strange to decide to change the tranny fluid. It made me wonder if he was having a problem with shifting, noise, shudder, bouncing out of gear, etc that would lead to better assistance. Back in the day, I've rebuilt many transmissions so know what they look like, including looking for the missing needle bearing. I imagine you have been through the same. Never worked on an automatic.

I agree that we likely will not hear from Me-Gone43, thin skin. I hope he read your suggestions before he left.
Take care,
Paul, Ohio, USA

Registered
'09 CTS DI FE1 Luxury
He came back after taking my advice. See post #8. ;)

Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
I thought the reservoir was built into the tip.

Reactions: Long

Registered
2009 CTS4 Premium & 2012 SRX4 Luxury
Looking for the reservoir for the blinker fluid may have been a snipe hunt, but a link was provided to the maintenance schedule for a 2008 CTS, and apparently ignored, as no mention of changing fluid or filter for a manual trans is found.

Registered
Go ahead, blame me. Everybody does 馃檮
In my time here on these pages, never once has The Funkmaster General offended someone, especially to the point where F bombs are deployed.
Myself, on the other hand...

Registered
2011 CTS Coupe FE3, 2003 Thunderbird, Gone 2013 ATS, 02 Deville
I am "almost" sorry I spend two days getting all that vital information.

Registered
Failure

21 - 32 of 32 Posts