Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
V2
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last month or so I have been experiencing vibration in the driveline in 6th gear from 1k-2k rpm. It got so bad it vibrates the car as if I had some heavy bass thumping. Kinda like header resonation on crack :) I took my car in and they realigned the drive shaft or something but that did not help. The tech did some research and found an article that the tranny is the cause of the problem. They ordered a new tranny and they are putting it in Mon or Tues. Just a heads up if you experience the same thing.

·
Registered
V2
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Got my car back today and I must say what a difference. Shifting is tight and not sluggish. I originally thought the sluggish shifting was the differential but looks like it is the tranny. Anyway the Service Manager I dealt with said they are using a new part number for the tranny and it is more than likely an 2006 model.

Part#24235494

·
Registered
2017 Camaro ZL1; 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2004 Lightning
12,007 Posts
Exact same thing happened to me. They replaced the driveshaft; that wasn't it. They called GM Engineering who said, "It's the tranny - known problem." Tranny replaced; vibration gone.

·
Registered
V2
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool at least I am not alone did they tell you specifically what the problem was? Curious because the Service guy had no idea.

·
Registered
2017 Camaro ZL1; 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2004 Lightning
12,007 Posts
Nope. In the dark.

·
crushing Vs with my Wurm
2013 GT500 - 700+ HP
12,266 Posts
my flywheel was replaced as the 'outer' ring was sloppy and causing all sorts of vibration in 5th and 6th. Tranny replaced.

F

·
Registered
none
302 Posts
Florian said:
my flywheel was replaced as the 'outer' ring was sloppy and causing all sorts of vibration in 5th and 6th. Tranny replaced.

F
I'm going to swing a deal...

Install Lingenfelter Flywheel, New Clutch (Under TSB for non-retraction at High RPM) and New Trans.

We shall see...

·
Registered
99 Posts
Can someone please provide me of a reciept and your complaint you went in there with? I have the same vibration but dealers in So. Cal suck...it would be real helpful if I can show them that others are getting it fixed!

·
Registered
none
302 Posts
Closer_2001 said:
I'm going to swing a deal...

Install Lingenfelter Flywheel, New Clutch (Under TSB for non-retraction at High RPM) and New Trans.

We shall see...
Well dealer so far says no on the flywheel...it will void warranty. :banghead:

·
Registered
99 Posts
CadV said:
For the last month or so I have been experiencing vibration in the driveline in 6th gear from 1k-2k rpm. It got so bad it vibrates the car as if I had some heavy bass thumping. Kinda like header resonation on crack :) I took my car in and they realigned the drive shaft or something but that did not help. The tech did some research and found an article that the tranny is the cause of the problem. They ordered a new tranny and they are putting it in Mon or Tues. Just a heads up if you experience the same thing.
Hey quick questions for you.
I have the same problem with light to moderate acceleration in 6th gear from 1500-2000 rpm. It sounds like heavy bass thumping everytime i step on the pedal. I do not have serious vibration though, mostly a seat massager type of feel on medium. (Can I get more descriptive!) Are we talking about the same thing here?

·
Registered
none
302 Posts
Ishminder said:
Hey quick questions for you.
I have the same problem with light to moderate acceleration in 6th gear from 1500-2000 rpm. It sounds like heavy bass thumping everytime i step on the pedal. I do not have serious vibration though, mostly a seat massager type of feel on medium. (Can I get more descriptive!) Are we talking about the same thing here?
Yes that is it.

However, don't worry, most will dealers will tell you it doesn't exist :banghead:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts