Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
04 ESV
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just did mine on Saturday. Relatively simple, the key, if there is one, is not to lose the wire retaining clips. They push out. But don't push out all the way until you have them firmly secured with a pliers or magnet. (I came close to losing 2, but did not, they are $1.86 at Cadillac). It might be wise to pick up a couple prior to starting. Where the line connects to the tranny, the "top" one is difficult to remove the clip. (Very long thin standard screwdriver and long needle nose recommended) A telescoping mirror and magnet on standby would be wise. I advise removing the "bottom" line first for better access, but this is where the majority of the fluid loss will occur. Where the lines connect to the cooler up front, the top one is easy, the bottom one slightly more difficult. I recommend doing them both from the top. There are 2 plastic clips and one metal clip that hold the lines together from front to rear. Release all 3 of those and snake the lines out the front. Believe it or not, the snake in easier than they snake out. Again, the key is getting the clips back on. Took me about 1 1/2 hours. I lost about 1/2 quart of Dex III in the process.

·
Registered
53 Eldo, 54 CDV, 74 FWB 96 FWB (sold),1998 STS(sold), 03 ESV
755 Posts
Do you have the part #'s for this job?

·
Registered
04 ESV
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
15773661 15809053 Part numbers for the two lines. What led me to do this was these lines tend to seep tranny fluid and oil from the soft hoses within these lines...mine were, especially the lower one. I will do the oil lines sometime this summer as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts