Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Cadillac Coupe De Ville (113000)
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is what happened.

I replaced the radiator because I found Transmission oil in the coolant, I have checked the tranny oil the next morning that look great. At this point the car was running good just the same problem of the fuel display doing the “c” thing. A new problem arose,I found that I was leaking engine oil that was coming from the new radiator engine oil cooler connections, tightened and the I used degreaser on the engine to clean up the engine oil mess. I was at a friends house here in South Florida where pristine driveways are king so I had to clean up there and then. On the way home I had a service engine light come on and noticed that the tranny was not shifting correctly. I am not sure but the shift from 1st to 2nd happened at about 32mph and then the next shift happened at 61 mph. Oh, one more thing, I definitely got the TPS wet. I used contact cleaner and a napkin to dry it out, I knew that when the car would not come down from a high idle, put her in drive and do not press the gas and you can go 38 mph.:shocked2::jawdrop:

thanks ahead of time

·
Registered
99STS,2004 Jeep Liberty Renegade,98 Deville RIP
1,054 Posts
does the car sit in park and rev at 2 to 4k before putting it into gear? or while in gear does it rev while you are driving and trying to upshift? the reason i am asking is if its the first one then nothing may be wrong with the tranny but the second scenario could be the doomsday one, what codes did you come up with as a check engine light came on

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I cannot pull codes I have the "c" thing on the FDC.

the tranny start and runs normally at low speed as-in first gear, there is no slip that I can tell goes into reverse fine too. Well it did yesterday. I am thing a solenoid and coolant contamination.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
update: I disconnected the battery, found that the TPS was not connected (doah), connected, started and it died. I need to an Idle adjust setting I can do that later, opened the PVC to keep it running, at first it did not shift then died, restarted and it did shift normally to 27 mph, died in the u-turn restarted and it did not shift?

the trip was about a mile long. I check the T-oil and it looks good, no foam, no milk, no brown, just happy red.

Can the TPS be damaged? the isc seems to be working?

I am stymeid.

thanks ahead of time

·
Registered
1993 Coupe Deville, 2009 XLR-V 1 of 6 Crystal Red
2,484 Posts
I'd fix the display problem first, gotta be able to read codes. Sounds like a BCM problem with the"c" on you FDC.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah about that went thrrough 3 BCMs and it is not that I think it might be the furl tank causing the c most of the time it worked untill the lat 3 weeks. so ant thoughts

·
Registered
70 Deville 77 Fleet 78 Seville 92 Deville 03 Deville
3,310 Posts
btdt, if you could read codes you would find that you have a shorted (wet) MAP sensor. You might be able to unplug it and dry it off.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Now that is the kink of help I I can react to.

thanks I'll try it and get back to the board

·
Registered
85 Coupe Deville 4.1 V8 & 4.3 V6 Deisel & 1970 Eldorado
773 Posts
The "c's" on your display' indicate a loss of communication between your BCM and the displays. Could be a BCM (3 would indicate that you eliminated this), One or more of the displays comm port shorted, or bad wiring between the displays and the BCM.

Remove one of the displays and see if the other comes to life. Then try the other if first does not work.

Diagnostics will be important to find your trouble. TPS could cause all or the trouble you describe but to be sure you need to get into the computer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts