Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my EXT out of storage for the summer and I have a question. My tranny fluid looks clean , doesn't smell burnt , but is 13 years old with 85,000 miles on it. Should I drop the $170.00 for it to be changed?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's at a tranny shop where they will drop the pan and change the filter/screen. Instant Oil change chains will remove a line and replace the fluid , but then you still have the old filter/screen with new fluid. They get $99.00.

·
Registered
08 Escalade ESV awd, 05 Yukon Xl Denali awd, 06 SRX sold
1,852 Posts
Yeah i do all my own service so not used to seeing these prices

·
Registered
2005 Escalade ESV, White Diamond Pearl
342 Posts
Got my EXT out of storage for the summer and I have a question. My tranny fluid looks clean , doesn't smell burnt , but is 13 years old with 85,000 miles on it. Should I drop the $170.00 for it to be changed?
I did mine myself. I used 20 quarts of Dexron VI and a $30 filter so that might not be too bad.

·
Registered
2005 Escalade ESV, White Diamond Pearl
342 Posts
What's better Lucas or lubeguard
I have never used Lucas, just going by reviews I read. I am getting some torque converter shudder and looking for an easy fix. Transmission shifts smooth and doesn't slip even when pulling a boat. Doesn't even shudder very often.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade
1,177 Posts
Skier-24 said:
I have never used Lucas, just going by reviews I read. I am getting some torque converter shudder and looking for an easy fix. Transmission shifts smooth and doesn't slip even when pulling a boat. Doesn't even shudder very often.
I had a chance to speak with a tranny guy the other day and he said don't use Lucas it contains brake fluid which instore swells the seals in the transmission

1 - 15 of 15 Posts