Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told it would be a good idea to put a tranny cooler on think he called it a Hadden cooler .As and extra way of keeping the fluided cooler ?? Has any one heard of this .We have a 94 Eldo ...thanks

E&H

·
Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
1,164 Posts
E&H said:
I was told it would be a good idea to put a tranny cooler on think he called it a Hadden cooler .As and extra way of keeping the fluided cooler ?? Has any one heard of this .We have a 94 Eldo ...thanks

E&H
The fluid is already circulated through a separate coil in the radiator for just that purpose. Unless you know you're causing a problem with the coolant temperature that needs to be fixed, I would say don't mess with it. They all run fine as they are. Very few instances of major transmission overhaul problems, just some solenoid and TCC issues, but those aren't fluid temperature related.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,242 Posts
I agree. If it were needed, GM would have put one there. Unless you are towing a trailer I would not worry about it.

·
Registered
94 ETC,97 STS
3,531 Posts
My 2cents. If you drive normally you don't really need one. Change, NOT FLUSH, the trans fluid.

If you race, drive in extreme heat, tow, or drive constantly in the mountains then consider one.

Hayden is a brand of coolers.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey guys thanks .it seems that one of the 2 Solenoids .in the Tranny came apart there were pices of copper wire in the filters ... they both have been replace ,seems to run fine , But was told Tranny fluid might be getting to hot !!
other wise there is no over heating problem . do not tow anything ..We do live in south west Florida and it is hot .. thanks again

E&H

·
Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
1,164 Posts
E&H said:
hey guys thanks .it seems that one of the 2 Solenoids .in the Tranny came apart there were pices of copper wire in the filters ... they both have been replace ,seems to run fine , But was told Tranny fluid might be getting to hot !!
other wise there is no over heating problem . do not tow anything ..We do live in south west Florida and it is hot .. thanks again

E&H
I can tell you with confidence that hot fluid did not cause your solenoid problem. The fluid temperature is very much acceptable unless you really punish the transmission with things like towing or high speed driving in Death Valley or climbing mountains at high temperatures. I'm familiar with the Florida climatology and topology, and it's well within limits of normal transmission fluid temperatures unless the radiator cooler has been bypassed or you're driving in some unusual conditions. If heat was the problem, you would have other things to worry about than the solenoids.

·
Registered
94 ETC,97 STS
3,531 Posts
I'm in Az and I hav'nt put one on my normal cars. If I start racing again I'll consider it. It's only warm in FL. Not hot til it's over 100.

Spent a good part of summer there this year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts