Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello cadillacians
I drive a 2011 ESV with 160k miles which was driving great and without any warnings stopped on the highway because of the gears not shifting.
it’s has been hell since then. Regardless of speed it does not shift into 3rd and 4th. The first problem is that there is No check engine codes. I took to a shop For diagnostics And they were surprised there was no lights or codes even though we agreed the vehicle has serious transmission issues. I had Tran oil changed it’s was black as charcoal mixed with coffe but no metal shelves. I am confused because you will think after 3months there should be some warning in regards to the situation I just paid $ 95 for nothing cos the shop couldn’t find any codes to pinpoint problem and therefore were not helpful. Guys and suggestions will be great as to why there’s no codes and why it’s slipping and jerking violently when it’s changes from 3-4 to.
Finally anybody know good transmission shop in Virginia

·
Registered
506 Posts
I'm down in GA and had a similar issue @110k w/ my '10. No lights and nothing on the computer.

It ended up needing a new tranny. It was the clutches and the torque converter that went bad. Thankfully, mine was still under warranty when it happened.

I had been pulling with mine. I don't do it now. These vehicles stink as a TV.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yea sounds about right clutches most likely went out I don’t think you would get a code for that since there is no way to Monitor the weariness of them most would be a rebuild since u flush the transmission and what dirt is had was keeping it goin and the now the is new fluid in there might have varnished it up inside

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1999 Escalade, 2004 CTS, 2003 ESV, Now 2008 Escalade
1,278 Posts
If you need a new transmission than go to the dealer. You will get a 3 year / 100k from the dealer. You can negotiate with the dealer as well. The original transmission that came with my 2008 had a lifetime of 150k, I heard. The 2016 transmission replacement fixed the issue where the part was made from plastic. I had my transmission since 2016 with no issues. I don't recommend to change the fluids as well. This is what caused my issue and other owners as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts