Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Seville SLS 2000
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All other codes have cleared :cloud9: and I'm stuck with 741 & 1860:hmm:. Does 741 come alone or do they come as a pair because they are relating to the same error?. Can I assume that 1860 refers to a bad switch, connection, ground etc.? Any suggestions? Thanks,

·
Registered
1999 Eldorado
101 Posts
My Son's 99 Eldo gets PO741 when he kind of romps on it...:rant2:
Spirited driving tends to set that one. When I clear the code with
my tool, it doesn't come back till the next escapade...

I hope this helps...

·
Registered
The Northstar Tuner
2,759 Posts
P1860 is a circuit issue it can set a P0741. You can check the Soleniod from the 20 way connector. Ohm between pins U & T. The results should be 10 to 15 ohms.
73182.gif

·
Registered
99 STS
700 Posts
Yup, just like AJxtcman said, fix the P1860 first. Same two codes set on my neighbors 01 Deville; I checked it out exactly like Ajxtcman stated and found the solenoid was open. Be careful who you take it to, it took 3 shops before we found one that would replace just the solenoid. One shop wanted to replace the trans, the other wanted to replace the torque converter and solenoid.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Torque Converter Clutch Solenoid.

My car has the same codes and I said screw it, i'm gonna drive it till something bad happens.

·
Registered
The Northstar Tuner
2,759 Posts
Yup, just like AJxtcman said, fix the P1860 first. Same two codes set on my neighbors 01 Deville; I checked it out exactly like Ajxtcman stated and found the solenoid was open. Be careful who you take it to, it took 3 shops before we found one that would replace just the solenoid. One shop wanted to replace the trans, the other wanted to replace the torque converter and solenoid.
If you have an P1860 a TCC soleniod will fix the P0741 also about 70% of the time. The soleniod connector end burns right off

·
Registered
2001 SLS
27 Posts
I had both P0741 - TCC System Stuck Off and P1860 - TCC PWM Solenoid Circuit Electrical on my 2000 SLS @ 90K mi. Unfortunately you have to remove the trasmission to replace the solenoid. Dealership did it for $1046. This is basically the lockup coverter found on almost all O/D Transmissions. Without this solenoid activating, your RPM's will fluctuate constantly in 4th gear. This does not harm things, but it does kill the gas mileage.

·
Registered
'00 Seville SLS
42 Posts
Thanks AJ for the picture.

Hey tredd, I have the same codes on my '00 SLS. I'm being quoted $2,000-$2,400 for the same job. How did your dealer give you such a low price?

·
Registered
873 Posts
If your getting quoted $2000-$2400, I wouldn't be so sure they aren't giving you a rebuild, although that price seems a little low.

I have the code and can't imagine paying that amount to fix something that may be costing me 1mpg.

·
Registered
'00 Seville SLS
42 Posts
If your getting quoted $2000-$2400, I wouldn't be so sure they aren't giving you a rebuild, although that price seems a little low.

I have the code and can't imagine paying that amount to fix something that may be costing me 1mpg.

I've been running with the 0741 code for over 1 1/2 years and 20,000+ miles and noticed my mileage has dropped about 3-4 MPG.

I don't want to fix it, but if I ever try to sell, a buyer gets spooked with the SES light on.

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
86,975 Posts
The solenoid is actually doable without dropping the trans, but you do have to lower the cradle some. The dealer, however will still charge you for dropping the trans. AJ probably knows how to do it. BBF over at caddyinfo just did it in his driveway. Not for the faint of heart.

·
Registered
98 Deville Delegence
198 Posts
I have the p0741 code. It comes on at city driving. I do highway 95% of the time and its ok. I will not fix it untill it gets bad!:banghead:

·
Registered
2003 Deville DHS
8 Posts
Where is the 20 way (20 pin?) connector located to check pins U and T for 10-15 ohms. I have the same 2 codes in my 03 DHS.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts