Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of a tranny case having a crack?? . or getting one ..Have a tranny on our Eldo (94) that has very low miles .. have some leaks that i want fix dealer told me it could also have a cracked case ..does this sound right ?? Also has anyone had any dealings with tranny shops like Ammco

thanks
E&H

·
Registered
94 ETC,97 STS
3,531 Posts
Cracks are possible. Did they show you the crack? I'd be suspicious if they talk cracks before looking.

I would avoid AAMCO...just my opinion.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No they said they (dealer ) have to pull the tranny out to check it !! and the dealer wants 2250.00 ,aamco wants 700.00 .. It runs fine No shifting problems ,,just have some tranny leaks ..

·
Registered
2008 SRX-V8, 1991 Eldorado
1,543 Posts
E&H said:
Has anyone heard of a tranny case having a crack?? . or getting one ..Have a tranny on our Eldo (94) that has very low miles .. have some leaks that i want fix dealer told me it could also have a cracked case ..does this sound right ?? Also has anyone had any dealings with tranny shops like Ammco

thanks
E&H
I agree with zonie77.

I would not trust my Cadillac to AAMCO, TRASQUICK, or any aftermarket garage unless they can prove competence with Cadillac transmissions. Some do have experience, but most do not.

Minor transmission oil leaks are about normal for a 1994 anything. Keep the fluid topped off and inspect the pan gasket next time it is on a lift. DO NOT TIGHTEN ANY PAN BOLTS. It will only make a small leak worse.

The chances for a cracked transmission case or bell-housing are slim at best. The car would have to been severely bottomed out on the cradle to damage these parts. Even severely worn mounts should not allow the case or bell-housing to crack. You will experience other problems way before that could happen.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts