Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
06 CTS-V (sold)
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Track guys who trailer their cars, could use a little help - how do you strap your car to the trailer?

I was trying to sell the V before I move to DC for my next assignment the 15th. Doesn't look like I can find a buyer willing to pay enough that I can cover my loan ($27k) and I don't want to write a check right now to cover the difference as I'm trying (not very successfully) to close on a house in northern VA right now. So... looks like I'll be towing it to VA on my 18' auto trailer. The straps I use for my C5 Z06 go to tie down spots under the side frame rails. V doesn't look like it has those. How do you guys strap your car to the trailer (hoping someone actually tows their car to the track)?

P.S. Tried search, no joy.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,090 Posts
two 1.5" straps with a loop next to the ratchet. I use them to hold the vehicleback while i use a 2" to keep the car forward

Dont forget the cross the rear straps for stability...If you need pics just let me know.

·
Registered
06 CTS-V (sold)
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
two 1.5" straps with a loop next to the ratchet. I use them to hold the vehicleback while i use a 2" to keep the car forward

Dont forget the cross the rear straps for stability...If you need pics just let me know.
Not clear what you attach them to on the car. Pics would be great. You can email them to [email protected] if that is easier than posting them here. Appreciate the help. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2018 Escalade ESV, 2019 CT6-V
1,271 Posts
I use the nylon ones that wrap around the front tires and then 2" nylon straps crossed in an "X" shape in the rear
I have also used only 1 strap going through the rear cradle in a "V" shape at some point

·
Registered
06 CTS-V (sold)
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the tips guys. I ended up shipping the V and putting my 18' trailer up for sale consignment at a local trailer shop. Really didn't want to tow all across the country, particularly through the many state and national parks I plan to visit on the way. Two days into our trip now, and glad I don't have the trailer behind me. :cheers:

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V Racecar, 2018 Escalade ESV, 2019 CT6-V
1,271 Posts
Give me some info on the trailer, I may be looking for one...

·
Premium Member
2,179 Posts
Give us a ring when you get to Northern VA, and we can get a group together for either drinks, or to organize a track day. There are quite a few of us up this way.

Ron

1 - 7 of 7 Posts