Cadillac Owners Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2
1,467 Posts
I like names but I’m not sure I want DeVille, Seville, ElDorado coming back. I want new names, maybe? Maybe one old successful name can come back. Maybe an oddball name like Allante can comeback. Fleetwood, nah. Cimmaron, no. Catera, no. Escala, yes! Need new names, yes.

·
Registered
2015 XTS Premium
1,149 Posts
I like names but I’m not sure I want DeVille, Seville, ElDorado coming back. I want new names, maybe? Maybe one old successful name can come back. Maybe an oddball name like Allante can comeback. Fleetwood, nah. Cimmaron, no. Catera, no. Escala, yes! Need new names, yes.
This is exactly what I would expect - Ciel, Cien, Escala...if they're going to use existing names it'll be those.

And then they'll change them again in five years.

·
Registered
4,133 Posts
I never liked it. Name like a Cadillac Ciel is way better to call and say. Three alphanumeric letter combo belongs to RPO codes.

Lincoln is also going back to proper names.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
67,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
My second daughter taught English for 3.5 years in a tiny Japanese rural school 40 miles from Tokyo. One of her favorite diversions was cataloging oddball English translations. ?? Toyota ?? actually marketed a model - in Japan only - named "ORGASM". She sent me a nice little oval-zippered fabric possibles case with some pretty flowers printed on the top - the legend underneath the flowers is "A place where the mind goes to seed." I still have it, full of Cross ball point pen refills.

Here she is in one of those "dress for the picture" studio shots - (blond, blue eyes.......) - She's almost 6 feet tall - said getting her dressed up for this was a hoot -

HILARY~1.JPG

21 - 27 of 27 Posts