Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright well come Monday if I don't have to work, I'm gonna be driving 400 miles to trade in my Escalade at a ford dealership for a 2003 crimson pearl STS fully loaded with nav/sun.

It has 60k on it. My Escalade now has 97k on it. I don't want to go in there unprepared and get totally ripped on my trade. I looked at Edmunds and it says I can expect $17,130 or so for a trade. Should I print that and take that with me? The lade is in tip top shape with only a tiny unnoticable scratch on the exterior. It currently has 24" wheels, but I should probably take those off?

Realistically, I would be willing to go as low as $16,000 but that would definitely be a blow. Need some advice!

EDIT: The edmunds appraisal diff on the 2 vehicles is $2,000 in favor of the escalade.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
There are two Escalade sections, not sure who moved your post but if it was put in the 2007 and up that is why it was moved. I know my friend traded in his 03' with 90k miles and he got about 20k, you can make that figure look better by putting that discount into the trade in price. You do not have a firm trade in price from the dealership?

·
Registered
873 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are two Escalade sections, not sure who moved your post but if it was put in the 2007 and up that is why it was moved. I know my friend traded in his 03' with 90k miles and he got about 20k, you can make that figure look better by putting that discount into the trade in price. You do not have a firm trade in price from the dealership?
I just went and test drove a black/black 02 STS with 61k on it. They were asking $15,900 which I know was high considering some of the excellent deals out there. I asked them to get me a trade in price and on my 02 with 97k and the guy came back with 14k. Keep in mind that is with the 24" wheels and towing package and everything except a sunroof. Now I don't claim to be the smartest fellow, but trading a same year Escalade for a same year Seville, I should not have to pay $2000 and I won't. It was a somewhat local dealership so I figured I would swing in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts