Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I want to say that I miss this forum very much. The Audi forum is very weak.
I finally had enough with my V. My caddy dealer in town (New Orleans) closed in March. They were great, the service manager moved to a Chevy dealer. So I still have him for my Z06, even though I have to travel 50 miles to see him. After my dealer closed, of course I get the infamous "CLUNK" in the tranny. I took it to my new dealer and they told me the standard "it's normal", that many have gotten here. So I convinced myself that I can used to it. Well, I didn't because it got worse. I took it back to see if now they would do anything. Same answer "it's normal". I really liked my V. But I couldn't put up with its many problems any longer. I tried to see if I can order a 2008 STS-V, but was told that they were not taking orders:bigroll: . They wanted to move a 2007 STS-V on me. To make a long story shorter I got a 2007 Audi S6. I know, "could be another problem' prone performance car". But I feel better about the local Audi service department. Another lost customer to the imports.

Thanks and Good Luck to all..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
2005 Black CTS-V
500 Posts
The clunk could be fixed w/ a smoother clutch petal release and a BMR pinion support...

The Audi's are super nice, though! Enjoy!

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
You get one with the Lambo V10?

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,018 Posts
You can always come home.
I like the S6, really nice interior.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Nice car...drove one recently. Not enough power. :) But nice ride and handling ain't bad...and of course the interior was pretty nice.

Enjoy it!

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
3,547 Posts
Nice car...enjoy it

·
Auto Enthusiast
1992 Eldorado Touring
3,688 Posts
435 horsepower, V10, and all wheel drive :thumbsup:

Good choice IMO, except for the $70K plus price tag...

·
Registered
05CTS-v plat, 07 Escalade quicksilver
300 Posts
Enjoy the new ride.. The Audi product is very nice I've owned 3. They don't lack power- there a bit heavy, thats there down fall if any. :thumbsup: You will love it till the 09V hits the streets. The seat will be warm for ya:thumbsup:

·
Registered
CTS-V
672 Posts
Z06CTSV:

Enjoy the S6. I enjoyed my A8 but one warning, be prepared for several big outlays shoud you keep the Audi a while. The All-wheel-driver is fantastic.

If you have the Tiptronic transmission do NOT use anything but Audi's fluid. The tranny may have been built by ZF but Audi specs its own fluid and if you use anything but Audi fluid, you will end up with "the bump" in the tranny which will eventually require a tranny rebuild. Don't ask me how I know this?

OH and fluid changes are just down right stupid expensive. My A8 was 50% more then the V for oil changes and they used regular oil on the A8. Had to go to the dealer because no one (and I mean no one) could get the "Change Oil" light turned off as it requires a dealer only tool.

Feff

·
Registered
Owned 3 V's, now driving a Wrangler and XT5
2,574 Posts
Congrats. I wanted to drive an S6 just to see how they are. Give us your review of the car please.

·
Registered
(did) CTS-V
723 Posts
Hi All,

I want to say that I miss this forum very much. The Audi forum is very weak.
I finally had enough with my V. My caddy dealer in town (New Orleans) closed in March. They were great, the service manager moved to a Chevy dealer. So I still have him for my Z06, even though I have to travel 50 miles to see him. After my dealer closed, of course I get the infamous "CLUNK" in the tranny. I took it to my new dealer and they told me the standard "it's normal", that many have gotten here. So I convinced myself that I can used to it. Well, I didn't because it got worse. I took it back to see if now they would do anything. Same answer "it's normal". I really liked my V. But I couldn't put up with its many problems any longer. I tried to see if I can order a 2008 STS-V, but was told that they were not taking orders:bigroll: . They wanted to move a 2007 STS-V on me. To make a long story shorter I got a 2007 Audi S6. I know, "could be another problem' prone performance car". But I feel better about the local Audi service department. Another lost customer to the imports.

Thanks and Good Luck to all..:thumbsup:

Get to know your service rep at Audi. My friend is one at Bethesda Porsche/Audi. Much like the V, as long as its under warranty its good. But once its out... watch out! over 2g's if ANYTHING goes wrong with your gauge cluster. Also dont mod it too much, my friends voided a few warranties himself and he's pretty cool about things. Grass is brown on both sides of the fence... of course your mileage may vary... Wish you the best.

Boo to 4wd, I'm sure its crack in the snow/rain though ;)

·
Registered
'09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!
2,660 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts