Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 STS V6 DI, 2014 XTS Premium AWD V-Sport
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

Was looking on USAA and PenFed car buying service web pages for a leftover new 2014 XTS Premium AWD V-Sport (no options) for the last month or so. They were showing up here and there in the $53k range plus tax, title, dealer fees etc.
When I would get the certificates (usually through True-Car) the dealers would call and advise that the car was not available but they had, blah, blah, blah, yada, yada, yada.
Since that wasn't working, I started doing Google search for that car and found a site call Car Guru that listed several. I called a the Cadillac dealer in Port New Richey, Florida about 300 miles away.
They had a Black Raven with Panoramic Sun Roof, Tinted Windows and the hand painted the Pinstripes I sent pictures of. They honored a Trade Price from CarMax on my 2013XTS, 11K miles, Sun Roof and Auto Rear Shade and delivered the car.
Out the door price was $50.6k
After driving it a few days I can only say "wow." I had driven the 2015 Genesis 5.0 w/Tech Package and 2014 Equus Signature. XTS was hands down better in all departments.
My only regret was not waiting for the V-Sport when the XTS was first introduced and buying the FWD Premium instead.
For those of you that have read the Consumer Reports negative comments about the XTS and CUE. Screw them, they don't have a clue (or a CUE). CUE, Navigation, Audio, SD Card and entire 2013 XTS was a quality build for me.
Hope the 2014 V-Sport does as well.

Okay, end of sales experience and rant.

Good luck to all in all you do.

Pete

·
Registered
2008 CTS4 DI Premium (SOLD) / 2013 XTS Luxury (TOTALLED) / 2015 BMW 328i XDrive Lux
1,970 Posts
Congrats! (I'm jealous...lol) If I may ask, how much of a hit did you take with the trade in?

·
Registered
2008 STS V6 DI, 2014 XTS Premium AWD V-Sport
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Purchased Jul 2012 $57k out the door. Got $31k offer from CarMax which the dealership accepted for trade (saved me about $1.5k in sales tax). The dealership offer was much less.

·
Registered
'14 XTS Vsport Platinum BDT and Black/Wheat
57 Posts
I paid $58K ($71K) out the door, albeit with 4700 miles on the odometer last May. I called my dealership the other day and they offered me $38K on a new CTS Vsport. No demand for the XTS they told me. They still have a dozen or so new '14s on the lot. Isn't that special? Fool me once ....

·
Registered
XTS VSport-550+ lb-ft of torque, ATS 2.0T AWD HPTuners tuned
2,695 Posts
I see cargurus has VSport Premium at about $50K. Even a VSport Platinum at $20K off. The Premium deals are very good. So much of better deal than any of your other search engines.

·
Registered
2014 XTS-4 Vsport Premium
74 Posts
Congrats on your new Vsport XTS. One fine ride.
I waited till January of this year to purchase my New (47 miles) XTS premium Vsport AWD because I knew if was patient I would get a good deal. Mine was $68K retail and with all my discounts I saved $15K and got it for $53K plus tax. I feel I did a good job and bought it at a fair price. I just couldn't bring myself to spend huge money on an XTS with anything under 400HP. Hence why I waited. I'm damn happy with my Vsport ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts