Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Platinum/Ebony
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the V is an upgrade to the CTS and not a stand alone vehicle, does the value of the CTS adversely affect the value of the V?

For the record, I am not knocking the CTS.

·
Registered
06 Stealth Grey CTS-V
78 Posts
Tough call, especially on a trade-in. There is a much bigger resale market for a CTS than there is for a V . But there are a lot of CTS's coming off lease. Dealers will look at how quickly they can move a trade-in, not necessarily at the original purchase value.
The used car market around here is saturated. So trade-in money is most likely suffering.

My thought would be that the V has such a specific market, that you could treat them as seperate vehicles, but you are at the mercy of the dealer to see things the same way.

·
Registered
05 Escalade ESV Platinum
211 Posts
Tough call, especially on a trade-in. There is a much bigger resale market for a CTS than there is for a V . But there are a lot of CTS's coming off lease. Dealers will look at how quickly they can move a trade-in, not necessarily at the original purchase value.
The used car market around here is saturated. So trade-in money is most likely suffering.

My thought would be that the V has such a specific market, that you could treat them as seperate vehicles, but you are at the mercy of the dealer to see things the same way.
Yes, they definitly look at it differently when buying a V vs Selling a V!!:stirpot: That's called marketing!!:bouncy:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts