Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Sixty Special, 1991 Allante
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving my 1993 Sixty Special to a friend's car lot yesterday for him to try to sell it. And, naturally, when I try to sell something, things go wrong.

First off, the Traction Off light came on shortly after I left home. It had been years since that light came on one time before. I cut the car off and re-started it when I got to his car lot and the light went off. Anyone have any idea what caused this light to come on?

Also, my wife was following me there and after we arrived, she told me the brake lights and third brake light had quit working on the way there. I checked the fuse for brakes lights and hazard lights and it was good. So, what do you think this could be?

I have a feeling my car is telling me not to sell her.

Attachments

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,854 Posts
The brake light switch, at the top of the brake pedal swing arm, is either faulty, has a bad connector, or is out of adjustment. I'll bet that cruise doesn't want to work, either.

·
Registered
1993 Sixty Special, 1991 Allante
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The brake light switch, at the top of the brake pedal swing arm, is either faulty, has a bad connector, or is out of adjustment. I'll bet that cruise doesn't want to work, either.
Thank you, submariner409. That item did occur to me as the culprit. Odd that it just happens to go bad as I take her to a car lot to sell her.

Any thoughts on the TRACTION OFF light?

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,854 Posts
Thank you, submariner409. That item did occur to me as the culprit. Odd that it just happens to go bad as I take her to a car lot to sell her.

Any thoughts on the TRACTION OFF light?
============================

check for codes -

1 - 4 of 4 Posts