Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
O.G. CTS Sport/Lux, V Grilles/Bumpers, sittin on 20's
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that my "Traction Control" light is on in my dash...meaning that I have no traction control, I tried pushing the button in the glove box, to no avail...

Since my 03 is no longer under warranty, do I need to go see a Caddie dealer to have this serviced, or just any garage?

Does this feature make a big difference?:confused:

·
Registered
2007 CTS
582 Posts
Do what Koz said first. I will tell you that yes, TC will make a big difference. I lost a rear tire on my 2000 Catera driving 74mph on a highway. I was on the phone at the time, BT headset Koz!, and the car didn't even begin to fishtail on me. Here's a pic of the tire. Get that fixed!

And Koz, stock rims and Michelin Pilot Sport tires. When I took the wheel to get the tire replaced the guy showed me where the bead on the rim had worn away which was what caused the tire to "slip" off and shred part of itself. I had this close call and another in my Catera and both times the car proved itself to be worthy. I've driven a Cadillac since I was 16 and I'll drive a Cadillac until the day I die!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've driven a Cadillac since I was 16 and I'll drive a Cadillac until the day I die!
Amen Brother! I'll see what Onstar has to say, and get it fixed accordingly, THX!

·
Registered
Cadillac
390 Posts
hey can i do the same for my 3rd brake tail light on the trunk that went out? would onstar be able to tell me its broken? car is only 3 months old:rant2:

·
Registered
2014 SRX AWD Platinum Ice/2010 CTS Sedan 3.6 AWD Silver
644 Posts
hey can i do the same for my 3rd brake tail light on the trunk that went out? would onstar be able to tell me its broken? car is only 3 months old:rant2:
Why do you need Onstar to tell you it's broken if you *know* it's broken? Looking for a second opinion ??? :bigroll:

If you're under warranty just bring it in to the dealer.

-GT

·
Registered
Cadillac
390 Posts
Why do you need Onstar to tell you it's broken if you *know* it's broken? Looking for a second opinion ??? :bigroll:

If you're under warranty just bring it in to the dealer.

-GT
yeah im under warranty i just wanted to use my Onstar just for fun and see if they would be able to tell me its out. what the hell isnt that what its for? :bigroll:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didnt realize that my radio was in the shop, and that I cant use OnStar without it.....:(

So I went back to the used car dealer where I bought my CTS, still under my 30day warranty, so they reffered me to THEIR mechanic, who said that the TC light, just means that there's a sensor in a wheel is going off, he checked the air pressure in the tires, and they were overinflated, saying THAT was probably the problem??

He said that if I truly didnt have Traction Control my ABS light would be going off as well....does anyone agree with this?

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
28,973 Posts
Go to autozone, get the trouble codes read out, and tell us what they say. Write down everything they tell you. The guy that sold you the car doesn't have a clue.

·
Registered
2014 SRX
140 Posts
I noticed that my "Traction Control" light is on in my dash...meaning that I have no traction control, I tried pushing the button in the glove box, to no avail...

Since my 03 is no longer under warranty, do I need to go see a Caddie dealer to have this serviced, or just any garage?

Does this feature make a big difference?:confused:
Happened to me twice the same day during heavy braking. Light T/C came on twice. Was able to turn off light by pushing T/C button.

No codes were shown or stored according to Onstar?

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I went back to the garage and told him he didn't know what he was talking about, so I had him read the codes (he had to borrow a newer reader from the mechanic next door lol) And the code read that there was an open circuit in my brake lights. Appearently Ive been driving with only the small center brake light working, ever since I bought the car about a month ago....so buddy had to figure out where the switcher box was, took him a while but he fixed it...my brake lights work now, and the TC light is now off!

Luckily I got it fixed for free under my 30 day warranty, but in the future I'll probably just go see GM for issues like this...

Thx guys!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts