Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I did not actually intend to turn off the traction control. The button is right next to the mode selector on the center console in the automatic version. I was about to merge onto a highway with a very short entrance ramp with traffic flowing at 75 mph. As a result I accelerated briskly from 1st gear, then jumped on it in 2nd gear and when I did I had immediate and heavy wheelspin and banged off the rev limiter in a flash as it shifted into 3rd gear where I backed off. The tire smoke, sound and vibrations were awesome ! Even though it was unintentional. I then realized the traction control was off. I turned in on again and actually said out loud "I wished I intended to do that".

Lesson learned: Keep the traction control on at all times because it works!

Reactions: mrrairai76

·
Registered
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Reactions: mrrairai76

·
Registered
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You over 500 miles, or the Canadian equivalent, yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
486 at the time. 498 right now. I keep finding excuses to drive it. You know to be helpful and run an errand... I hear something like, hey we need ... from the store and I am out immediately to get it. So much fun!

Oh and the gas mpg is abysmal! Fabulous!!!! Burn that dyno juice as fast as possible!

Reactions: Theroider

·
Registered
2022 CT5-V Blackwing 6MT
1,491 Posts
486 at the time. 498 right now. I keep finding excuses to drive it. You know to be helpful and run an errand... I hear something like, hey we need ... from the store and I am out immediately to get it. So much fun!

Oh and the gas mpg is abysmal! Fabulous!!!! Burn that dyno juice as fast as possible!
Just remember, although the tach goes to full redline at 500 rpm, per the manual, break-in runs until 1,500 miles. ;)

·
Registered
2022 CT5-V Blackwing
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't think this is related or I hope it isn't, but on very early Friday morning I work up in the middle of the night with very severe vertigo. I was in the hospital until this morning. I do not have my sea legs under me so I will not be driving at all until this passes. The only thing different in my life is this car so theoretically one could draw a line directly to the operation of it as the cause, but I hope they are not related. I feel like I have very bad sea legs when standing (sort of a really bad hang over or sea sickness), still very dizzy while seated it is a challenge just to write this post), and it is hard to focus. This is much better than it was the other night. That was horrible and very scary for my family being splayed out on the floor in a hard sweat, vomiting and my internal temp dropped to 94 degrees. I was basically hypothermic for about 4 hours. I don't remember much else. Scary.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts