Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Cadillac Seville SLS
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currently working on a 94 Eldorado that is having some problems that I beleive are traction control related. When you first start the car and put it in gear and begine to accelerate it makes a growling noise at the right front wheel and you can actually feel the traction control applying the brake to this wheel momentarily. It does this every time you take off right after the car has been started weather you are in forward or reverse. It will only do it the first time you go to accelerate after starting the car. It will not do it again until you shut the car down and restart but it does do it every single time after a restart. Has anyone else ran onto this condition or have a clue to what might be going on. I have check the computer for codes and there are no traction contol codes stored. Only codes stored at s036, s044, and s061 which I do belevie are all suspension codes and I am not concerned about these codes at this time. Looking for some advice, hope someone can help. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
White Diamond '03 DHS (with DTS floor shift)
87,113 Posts
As I recall the PCM or EBTCM does a test when you first start moving after a start up. Sounds like it is related to that. I think you need a FSM to read up on the system.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts