Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hear different things about this. I have a 93 Fleetwood. I leave it on all the time. I heard thats bad to do. In dry weather should I leave it off all the time?

·
Registered
1926 Model T street rod, 2000 Jaguar XJ8, 1999 Corvette.
6,737 Posts
Leave it on! the only time to turn it off is when you need to rock the car in the snow. If you try to rock the car with it on, the tires wont spin. Your owners manual should support this.

·
Registered
1970 Sedan deVille hardtop
595 Posts
Unless the system has some kind of serious flaws, I'd leave it on. It's like a seatbelt, you never know when you'll need it!
What does the owners manual say?

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
some cars don't even allow it to be disabled (late 90's Devilles are one I think).

Leave on all the time, I find it kicking in now and then on dry when I hit a bump that hops a back tire. Or when you are at near WOT in a high speed turn and it starts to get loose, it will back you off and you tend to get back in line.... (don't ask why I know this....)

·
Registered
1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham (some show and some go!)
607 Posts
Well, I go by different thinking....

I turn it off almost every time I immediately get in the car and fire it up. In my case, you never know when you need to perform an "exhibition of speed".

Seriously, though, there have been times that the TC has been kinda dangerous IMO. Like making a left turn onto a busy road (I have to do this daily when leaving work). Sometimes when merging into traffic in this situation you have to get on it a bit. If the TC kicks in, the throttle becomes dead until you let off with your foot and then get back on it again. This can and will leave ya' hangin with traffic barreling in quickly on your tail.

Not sure I've ever heard that leaving TC on or off all the time will actually hurt anything. Sounds like hogwash to me but I'm no expert.

In the snow I could see it being beneficial, although I keep mine out of the white stuff. In the old days people always survived in the snow without traction control and one-leggers so I don't think it makes THAT muh difference.

·
Registered
94 Fleetwood Brougham
7,534 Posts
There have been times I wish it would have let me smoke em, figuing that it might have actually done better. But with the default on, and I don't care to keep searching for it everytime I start, I just leave it on.

I need posi, bad......

·
Registered
1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham (some show and some go!)
607 Posts
I've heard of guys relocating the TC switch from the glovebox into the folding armrest. Or even into a center console if they retrofitted one with bucket seats.

I've considered relocation....

·
Registered
2010 CTS
74 Posts
I was told by the dealer, when it is time to do a smog test, turn TC off or it will fail???So far, my 02 has not required a smog test-it should in two more years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts